Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 24, 2013, 08:52 PM
Rookie

Default Using all the bandwidth?

I'm just going to jump right into the problem I'm having.

When my computers off. everyone gets perfect internet connection and 0 lag.

BUT! when my computers on. I have no internet problems and never Disconnect. But everyone else gets super laggy and have troubles loading Google. What could be doing this?!

I ran a virus scan and Malware scan with no problems.

We have a really good internet connection. 100Mb/down 10Mb/up.

Please help, justin~

This is my first time on this site. I hope I posted this in the right section.
Old September 24, 2013, 08:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

everyone ? how are you connected to your router and are others using wifi . how many peeps are connected, then I need to ask if you are downloading uploading gaming, streaming videos, basically what are you doing when you are on your pc.
Old September 24, 2013, 09:01 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
everyone ? how are you connected to your router and are others using wifi . how many peeps are connected, then I need to ask if you are downloading uploading gaming, streaming videos, basically what are you doing when you are on your pc.
I'm Hardwired to the router. so is everyone else except one laptop. three of us are connected. I get the complaints when my computers on doing nothing. but most of the time I'm just playing World Of Warcraft.
Old September 24, 2013, 09:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

have you try switching the out with a different person that is hard wires to make sure it isn't actually your PC that is the cause?
Old September 25, 2013, 07:56 AM
Allstar

What programs did you use to do a virus scan? If you have Malwarebytes and the realtime protection module on disable the Malicious Website part as that's known to cause erratic ping times and some network issues in Win 7

You may want to switch out your cable, then change ports on the router to try and narrow things down. Check your event viewer to see if there are issue with your nic or anything else going on with your computer.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old September 25, 2013, 08:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Try swaping the inputs that the different wired computers are using...see if for some reason the router is prioritizing that connection, or if it is your computer.

What router is it (brand/model)?
Old September 25, 2013, 06:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good chance there is something wrong with the router that is causing this. It could either be a hardware issue (needs replacing) or firmware (settings, etc) that is making this happen. What you should do is download and run a bandwidth monitoring program (there are a few free ones available) to see how much you are actually using.
Old September 26, 2013, 03:14 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Wink

To determine, if your machine is sending too much data when iddle, try Netorb. This (included) little nifty 20kBy utility show you this window:

...if you do nothing and really nothing get send/downloaded from your PC.

When there is a activity, then you see this:

So that way you can determine, if your PC is sending too much informations that overhelm the network, so others cannot work with the internet.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Netorb.zip (16.6 KB, 2 views)