Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 3, 2013, 06:34 AM
Allstar

Default Best email client?

I'm tired of having all these email accounts and would like the "one choice". Yahoo,gmail,outlook. I like gmail but hate the way google tracks, scans and anal probes my life. Unlike most, Outlooks clean look is very appealing but limited for attachments.

Thoughts?

CHEERS
Old September 3, 2013, 07:39 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Nothing is perfect. Google stated clearly in court case, that anything you have with it, is not private at all. Go figure...
Also if you put a bad video (tm) on YouTube, say by by to your gmail account :D (happend to me)

I use since 2001 a seznam.cz email account, but this is a czech server and the email will "speak" at you in czech langage :) So even it is clean and usable as Gmail, and way more private (according to the Snowden leaks, "they" did not spy much on Czech republic - no wonder, a small country with just 10M people - what to spy there for, right?), it won't be much usable for you.

If you did not use email on the road, then you could use a standalone email program and store your mails on your PC and customize the interface as you wish. That is also a option.

BTW, out of the privacy problem, I starting to use more and more the DuckDuckGo.com search, also because Google filter out some results it believe you did not want to see... So you live kind of in bouble, where nothing that challenge your fundamental views is appearing at all. IMHO this is bad, maybe even more that that the spying.
Old September 3, 2013, 08:20 AM
Allstar

I suppose i will move towards outlook since it interfaces with my iphone, ipad and pc. Thank you for the suggestions.

CHEERS
Old September 3, 2013, 08:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Outlook is what I've migrated to. It has the cleanest look and feel to it without all the ads of Gmail. I've been using it for months now without a hiccup. And as you stated, it integrates with basically every device out there. And Skydrive is fairly handy as well since it's a lot more free space off the bat than Dropbox.
Old September 3, 2013, 08:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I use a few different email accounts for different things. I have use thunerbird email client it is not to bad but I always try other things I have been playing around with claws-mail it is a little tricky and I ddon't have it totally set up correctly becasue I am having problems with the spam filter. I current use most of the time mail washer to pick up and filter the mail I get allot of spam mail on my other email accounts , then my main email client right now is called The Bat! but I actually want to get clients that are free which is why I have been playing around with claws mail. outlook used to be good but since I am not a fan of how Microsoft likes to snoop ( or at least I think they are lol) I have stayed away from them in the past 4 years
Old September 3, 2013, 08:59 AM

My System Specs

I'm a fan of Thunderbird. I gave Outlook 2013 ago for a few months but it felt severely limited compared to Thunderbird. The only reason to use Outlook IMO is for Exchange.
Old September 3, 2013, 09:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

is the OP referring to an email CLIENT or an email SERVICE? They are two very different things!
Old September 3, 2013, 10:02 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
is the OP referring to an email CLIENT or an email SERVICE? They are two very different things!
Email service

CHEERS
Old September 3, 2013, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

probably gmail I use my isp email service for personal things hotmail I use for websites tha t Isign up for that I am pretty sure will send me spam, gmail I use for most other things like gaming .
Old September 4, 2013, 07:44 PM
Allstar

I don't use an e-mail service per se. Domains and hosting are cheap so I just get my mail at my own domain. Then my system downloads it peroodically to my local machine. I have e-mail from my ISP but rarely use it.