LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27, 2013, 09:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyea View Post
No, it was there before.
Yes so now they have simply grouped the two into one tab. I personally prefer that because it means all of my stuff is accessible from one spot, rather than going through different tab groups on the side. But each to their own!
Old June 27, 2013, 09:12 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

ok, I was able to add libraries back to the left by using the view->navigation button.
Old June 27, 2013, 09:13 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
Yes so now they have simply grouped the two into one tab. I personally prefer that because it means all of my stuff is accessible from one spot, rather than going through different tab groups on the side. But each to their own!
Except from what I can tell it's not customizable to add more folders, or remove folders, etc. For that I guess I can use favorites or add libraries back.

I find file explorer to be much easier....lol

single click, expand/collapse, etc.
Old June 27, 2013, 09:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I find file explorer to be much easier....lol

single click, expand/collapse, etc.
Ah okay that explains it I always use the folder navigation rather than the file explorer on the side.
Old June 27, 2013, 09:41 AM
Allstar

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I would find the 8.1 change difficult to adjust to, only since I'm still getting familiar with my 8 based laptop when my main pc is 7.
And that preview video tells me nothing, only that I'm not using a touch based interface, and I still hate the blue dashboard, and that I have no reason to search for blue background Marilyn Monroe pictures.
Old June 27, 2013, 10:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Yes, it is in the 8.1 preview.
strange because if I plugin any devices I get the exact same look I think it has something to do with the view settings turned off or on
I never liked windows 8 , to me it reminds me more of a touch screen type OS then anything which I don't need if there wasn't driver problems I would go back to windows XP or windows 2003 just use the x64
And speaking of OSs every place that I go to be it the bank or doc office I noticed that they are all still using windows xp I think it has to do with the licensing fees and now when they stop updating windows xp security all of these companies will be "forced" to upgrade and pay thousands of dollars which is why I really like the Linux OS but it is hard to get games to run on it. anyone I know that only surfs the net and watches video I installed Linux for there OS because it can pretty much do anything that Windows can it is just not so
" commercial" I also thing that Android is very close to Linux isn't it?
Old June 27, 2013, 11:08 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I'm fine with classic shell.

On a side note, I might upgrade my EX480 to Win8- the storage pool is a decent replacement for drive extender.

Old June 27, 2013, 01:38 PM
MVP

The problem with libraries is that nobody who isn't tech-savvy really understands them, so this makes it simpler for them, and anyone who actually understands and uses libraries can still enable and use them as before.

I looked at the changelog for 8.1 looks like some nice polish for 8. I won't be bothering to install until it goes final.
Old June 27, 2013, 02:10 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I agree, but now I want to know if I can revert the style to the previous. I have already re-enabled the library.
Old June 28, 2013, 11:51 AM
Top Prospect

Been using Windows 8 with Start8 (looks nicer than classic shell) and it feels almost the same as Windows 7 now except with a few nice improvements. I agree with you on the start button though, seems kind of pointless to add it with the functionality they've given it.