Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2013, 04:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default IE 10 and HTML 5

Just got a copy of Windows 7 (thanks Soul). So I thought I'd try out IE 10 because Vista wasn't allowed to play. Anyway, I have the latest flash installed but I get sites not showing some content (I assume is a flash based ad or video). Youtube tells me I need to upgrade to the latest in a big red header then proceeds to play the video anyway.

I'm a little perplexed. I have ran the update several times but something isn't sticking. Any suggestions?
Old June 18, 2013, 05:22 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I've seen some sites complain that flash wasn't installed when in fact it was java that was missing....

you might also want to check in internet options -> programs -> manage addons and make sure the plugin is actually enabled though too just in case

oh, also, check whether you're using the 32 bit or 64 bit browser, very few 64-bit plugins for windows still, not sure why....its 2013
Old June 18, 2013, 06:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Found with some iterations of IE you need to close and re-launch the program after doing a flash update or first time install for it to register the plug-in is installed.
Old June 18, 2013, 11:55 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yup, most Flash updates make you restart the browser.
Old June 18, 2013, 12:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

32 bit (I no longer have the 64 bit option?) all plugins enabled. Restart after install. Yup. I think all the vases are covered. I'm pretty sure I had a similar problem with IE9 as well at some point it was resolved. Thanks for the input guy's. Guess I'll just keep kicking it until something works. ;)
Old June 18, 2013, 07:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

If I recall, by default, IE10 runs in 64bit mode at least in Windows 8 with no ability to run in 32bit fully. It's supposed to be smart enough to run 32bit tabs when ActiveX controls are detected though.

Likewise, again in Windows 8, you cannot install Flash Player anymore. It comes down through Windows Updates only.

I'm not sure how much of this they've back ported to Windows 7 though...
Old June 22, 2013, 12:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well, I ended up going back to Firefox. Not that I wanted to. Just that MS apparently needs a few more decades of experience in the browser market to be able to get Flash to integrate with IE properly. Works fine with FF. IE? Not so much.