Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26, 2013, 08:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Firefox

FFffffffffffirefox!

How do you peeps like it? It was great for me for years but it just seems to get worse and worse. With every update breaking past functionality. I always seem to go back to IE. This is the second time in at least six months that I've had to drop FF as my main . I thought Mozilla was trying to supplant the old standard browser.

I have to laugh, it used to be so streamlined compared to IE, but now, it's as or more bloated than IE. Had to rant, sorry.
Old May 26, 2013, 09:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
FFffffffffffirefox!

How do you peeps like it? It was great for me for years but it just seems to get worse and worse. With every update breaking past functionality. I always seem to go back to IE. This is the second time in at least six months that I've had to drop FF as my main . I thought Mozilla was trying to supplant the old standard browser.

I have to laugh, it used to be so streamlined compared to IE, but now, it's as or more bloated than IE. Had to rant, sorry.
Dunno what issues you are having but mine works perfectly fine.
Old May 26, 2013, 09:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I use the Nightly builds allot of the times I try to stay away from almost all of the Add ons accept foe FEE Ghostly and speed dial. I think my Fav we browser so far is SRW Iron which is a fast browser it has a few quarks I don't care for.
Old May 26, 2013, 09:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Dunno what issues you are having but mine works perfectly fine.
It's just the Facebook social plugin. Has always worked in IE. but Mozzila keeps breaking it.
Old May 26, 2013, 09:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
It's just the Facebook social plugin. Has always worked in IE. but Mozzila keeps breaking it.
To me its more likely that the plugin simply does not conform to proper standards and IE just mangles shit to pieces.

Why do you think more websites are written for IE than Firefox?
Old May 26, 2013, 10:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It seems to me to be an issue with FF as it was a FF "update" that broke it.
Old May 27, 2013, 07:19 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I stopped using FF because it seems to have problems with memory usage. FF seriously lags for about 10 seconds with only 5 tabs open and this is with 8 GB of RAM.... The only add-on I had on it was AdBlock Plus and that was it.
Old May 27, 2013, 07:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinraCorp View Post
I stopped using FF because it seems to have problems with memory usage. FF seriously lags for about 10 seconds with only 5 tabs open and this is with 8 GB of RAM.... The only add-on I had on it was AdBlock Plus and that was it.
This is a problem with your system. My HTPC has 8gb of ram and a SSD to boot and firefox doesn't have any lag even with 10 tabs open.
Old May 27, 2013, 07:38 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
This is a problem with your system. My HTPC has 8gb of ram and a SSD to boot and firefox doesn't have any lag even with 10 tabs open.
Sorry but it's not my system the problem, it's seriously FF the problem, all other browsers work flawlessly, yes that includes IE. A quick google search comes up with FF having a memory leak issue, even on Google.com it seems to consume more and more memory.
Old May 27, 2013, 08:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinraCorp View Post
Sorry but it's not my system the problem, it's seriously FF the problem, all other browsers work flawlessly, yes that includes IE. A quick google search comes up with FF having a memory leak issue, even on Google.com it seems to consume more and more memory.
Its hogwash really. It has more to do with what you have open in your tabs. The biggest issue with firefox is flash. Leave something open with flash in it and it'll go through memory easily.

Currently Firefox on my system is using 1.1gb of ram and I have 11 tabs open and its still snappy with no issues.