Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27, 2013, 08:04 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Meh probably, I'll need to test it out, with say a couple of Youtube vids :P
Old May 27, 2013, 02:31 PM

My System Specs

I still use Firefox. Everytime I try to move to Chrome I end up being disappointed. Usually w/ the lack of comparable extensions. Sure it takes a couple of hundred of MB of ram, but when you have 8/16GB, does it really matter? Plus Chrome isn't exactly memory efficient either.
Old May 27, 2013, 03:01 PM
Top Prospect

im not a big fan of IE, Use to have to deal with a lot of malware/trojan issues for friends and family and it left a sour taste in my mouth. As far as my preference between firefox or chrome, I'm neither here nor there. the only extensions i like to use are compatible with both browsers, i suppose the only reason why I've been using Firefox is that I'm just too lazy to change haha. However, I find that (especially now more then ever for some reason) Firefox does eat up a lot of my ram, i think though its an issue with flash player having memory leaks (i could be very wrong in this statement, haven't exactly looked into it too much).
Old May 27, 2013, 05:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I use FF and barely brake 1 mb of memory I have 65 tabs open at any given time and I use ghostery and then the typical plugins like ESN/ flash/Java /Google earth . I've used FF for as long as I have used a PC other then Netscape back in the day and it has been solid for me other then the odd time I decided to play with waterfox or Palemoon