Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2013, 09:15 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default The different kind of vsyncs

Should i post it here?

I'm a bit confused with all the options,i know what it does but for example,i have a 120hz screen and nvidia control panel vsync locks it to 60hz,with adaptive vsync i have tearing when my games are from 60 to 80 fps.

I also have tearing when having less than 120 fps in all games,so i need to enable vsync but which one?
Old March 24, 2013, 05:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I would just set it to app controlled in the driver and use the in game vsync control. If you cannot get the card to run the game at or near 120 frames per second it will probably default to the lower value of 60 with vsync on. Enable triple buffering as well.

It would be nice to be able to lock vsync at a higher value though wouldn't it? I'm not sure about nVidia, but I think you can set it manually with an ATi (I know it's AMD. But I'm in my happy place. Leave me alone! ) card in Radeon Pro. My TV is locked at 60 anyway so here I'll sit.