Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18, 2013, 07:29 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Question Options other than itunes

Are there any good options other than itunes? I use it but there are things about it that drive me crazy. It likes to stick the songs where ever it wants to making different folders for different artists on the same album. I can live with it but wonder what else people use.
Old February 18, 2013, 07:32 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i like media monkey. they have a free version that works quite awesome. MediaMonkey Free Media Jukebox, Music Manager, CD Ripper & Converter
Old February 18, 2013, 08:11 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Does it allow you to rip CDs and chose the format (MP3 or other) and select a directory?
Old February 18, 2013, 08:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Foobar2000
Old February 18, 2013, 08:18 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Managing iTunes is a freaking nightmare.
I use it mainly for music but have over 400 movies and various shows, audiobooks and podcasts.

I prefer to use XMBC though. It's a free download handles movies,DVD's, Blu-rays, music, photos, apps etc...
Can be used as a desktop for an HTPC. This will play almost any type of file format allow you to manage your library, scrap sites of your choice for media info. The latest release is just out v12. This is a very advanced app that has alot of features. Take your time to learn it and it will be all you need.

I use XMBC on my HTPC and have it work from my remote. How nice is that.

I still use iTunes as well but only for music now. I need it to load up my ipod classic with play lists album covers and the music. Otherwise the ipod is nothing more than a portable drive of music.
Old February 18, 2013, 08:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

+1 for Media Monkey! Yes you can rip CD's and yes you can choose a variety of formats. It does everything iTunes does and so much more. It will even allow you to sync to your iPod/iPhone, and it will allow you to pull music OFF your iDevice. (Something iTunes will never do)
Old February 18, 2013, 09:20 AM
Top Prospect

Not sure of Songbird still supports Ipods, it what i used with my Ipod nano (2nd gen) before i jumped to android devices
Old February 18, 2013, 09:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded View Post
Managing iTunes is a freaking nightmare.
I use it mainly for music but have over 400 movies and various shows, audiobooks and podcasts.

I prefer to use XMBC though. It's a free download handles movies,DVD's, Blu-rays, music, photos, apps etc...
Can be used as a desktop for an HTPC. This will play almost any type of file format allow you to manage your library, scrap sites of your choice for media info. The latest release is just out v12. This is a very advanced app that has alot of features. Take your time to learn it and it will be all you need.

I use XMBC on my HTPC and have it work from my remote. How nice is that.

I still use iTunes as well but only for music now. I need it to load up my ipod classic with play lists album covers and the music. Otherwise the ipod is nothing more than a portable drive of music.
I took a look online and it seems to do a lot of things. Also looked at some youtube videos and it seems to be able to go out and grab movies, TV shows and the like. Is that what you are doing? Are you using it instead of cable or direcTV?
Seems mighty interesting. Now you guys are making me want to build a HTPC. I won't have any money left after hanging around here.
Old February 18, 2013, 10:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

prepare to be cash strapped and well informed if you hang around here.

Ncix collects most off your cash.
Old February 18, 2013, 10:55 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I only have the most basic Cable TV the only reason was for the internet connection.
Yes I grab video's from you tube with it.