Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16, 2013, 05:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Software to change pitch without distortion or quality loss

Anybody knows a software that can do that? audacity makes horrible quality after pitching,even with very little pitch change and it sounds ugly....I would like something that takes every frequency and changes it's tonality^^ Preferably free
Old February 16, 2013, 05:20 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Well I used WavePad Sound Editor, I forgot if changing the pitch does any horrible quality change or not but the options on it are vast.
Old February 16, 2013, 06:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Fixed,sorry,actually i wanted to say that it's wavepad that i use that makes bad pitch,i never tried with audacity,so i just tried and its just perfect!
Old February 18, 2013, 08:30 AM
Rookie

Thumbs up Change Pitch or Duration without altering the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
Anybody knows a software that can do that? ... Preferably free
Many Algorithms to chose from with very close to perfect results are available in the FREE Reaper Program: http://www.reaper.fm/.

Even closer to perfect results (that you may not be able to differentiate) are available using Adobe's Audition CS6 http://www.adobe.com/products/audition.html, but even a version as old as 3.0 produces wonderful results. This is not free.