Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2013, 11:15 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Question Defraggler

Hi !
I've been using CCleaner for the past 2 years and i'm very happy with it !
It's made by a company called Piriform, and they have that Defraggler program also, which is basically a "more advanced" defrag program. I just wanna know if it's worth downloading or does the Windows Defrag program is enough ? (i run Win8 64bit)
Thanks !
Old February 13, 2013, 12:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'd say Windows 8's built-in automatic defrag is perfectly fine. Defrag programs were really only needed back in the XP days, Windows 7/8 don't need it.
Old February 13, 2013, 12:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I'd say Windows 8's built-in automatic defrag is perfectly fine. Defrag programs were really only needed back in the XP days, Windows 7/8 don't need it.
I wouldn't say that exactly. Sure they don't need it as badly as they did back in the XP days but you still see systems getting large amounts of fragmentation in windows 7.

As for Deflaggler, that is what I use as a tool on other systems (don't use on SSD's). I find it does a better and quicker job than the built in tools. At least with windows 7, I do use 8 so I don't know how it compares.

Old February 13, 2013, 01:26 PM
Allstar

I use it and I really liked it. No where as annoying as the MS defrag and option to shut off the computer after it's done is nice. I can just leave it and go to bed.
Old February 13, 2013, 01:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I find I still use in in the W7 days....however since switching to an SSD I have had no need. Still for all the work computers we have here , we do it. I'd say its worth it,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 13, 2013, 03:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

all right ! thank you guys !
Old February 13, 2013, 06:39 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I would agree. I seems to have suited me well enough.
Old February 13, 2013, 07:01 PM
Allstar

you're paying for the interface, if you like it and it's worth the money, go for it. Just don't think it's actually better at the actual defragging itself than windows is.
Old February 13, 2013, 07:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

Do a better job? Not really. Faster? Hell yes and its that speed difference that I quite enjoy.

Also if you do a lot of removing of files doing a defag on occasion DOES help. Mechanical drives still need help.
Old February 13, 2013, 07:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I defrag my 1gb drive using defragler seems to work pretty good the only reason why I actualy defrag is becasue I delete aand download allot of things lol

Tags
defrag , defraggler , program