Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 24, 2013, 09:49 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Question Runtimes

Hi ! I'm having some issues with Google Chrome displaying web pages. Sometimes there are no images, only text on a white screen... or some bugs in the display. And i'm wondering if it comes from the Runtimes.
I saw a Ninite.com different runtimes but i don't which ones are important... Can you help ? Which ones should i download that are mostly needed ?
Thank you !
Old January 24, 2013, 10:01 AM
Allstar

Geez. what a way to potentially "hose" a system. people actually use this? (ninite.com)
Old January 24, 2013, 10:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkikiki View Post
Hi ! I'm having some issues with Google Chrome displaying web pages. Sometimes there are no images, only text on a white screen... or some bugs in the display. And i'm wondering if it comes from the Runtimes.
I saw a Ninite.com different runtimes but i don't which ones are important... Can you help ? Which ones should i download that are mostly needed ?
Thank you !
sometime you can just reload the page and the images will come up, or it could be a plugin or setting iside the browser it self. I used two or three different web browsers and on every one I have it block ads and images but the web browser will ask me if I want to display the image or not.
just make sure al;so that every thing is up to date m meaning security wise
Old January 24, 2013, 11:59 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

ok... Ninite was recommended by Linus so i thought it was ok to use it... And yes when i refresh the page, most of the time it would be ok. But... i'd like it to be ok the first time ! I run adblock as plugin... maybe that's the cause...
You anyway you're saying it doesn't come from any potential runtime ? (java, shokwave, flash...)
Old January 24, 2013, 12:01 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

by the way NyteOwl, what do you mean by hose ?
Old January 24, 2013, 01:47 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nothing wrong with ninite. I've been using it for years and have never had an issue with it.

Have you tried IE or Firefox? Do they load images correctly? If so, I would uninstall chrome, reboot, download chrome directly from Chrome Browser and re-install it.

Are you running any antivirus or firewall software? These could be the cause.

You should install all of the runtimes available, but they shouldn't have any effect on loading images.
Server - i5 3450, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, 4GB DDR3, LSI MegaRAID 9240-8I, OCZ Vertex 4 120GB, 2x SG Barracuda 3TB(RAID1), 2x WD green 2TB(RAID1), Fractal Design Array R2, WHS 2011
Old January 24, 2013, 03:57 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

yes i've tried to reinstall chrome, but it didn't change anything... and no i haven't tried IE or Firefox, i'm kind of attached to chrome... The thing is it's the first time i encounter that type of problem... And i run an antivirus...
Old January 24, 2013, 10:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Give IE and FF a try just to test if it is in fact the browser or a system wide issue. Also, try disabling antivirus and checking if that makes a difference.

Are you running through a router? Are there other PCs on the same network? I have seen this happen once before due to bad router firmware, but it's a pretty long shot.

Also try going:

Menu > Settings > Show advanced settings > Content settings

and make sure that "show all images" is selected and "allow javascript" is selected and then go to exceptions and make sure you don't have any exceptions listed.
Server - i5 3450, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, 4GB DDR3, LSI MegaRAID 9240-8I, OCZ Vertex 4 120GB, 2x SG Barracuda 3TB(RAID1), 2x WD green 2TB(RAID1), Fractal Design Array R2, WHS 2011
Old January 24, 2013, 11:22 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteOwl View Post
Geez. what a way to potentially "hose" a system. people actually use this? (ninite.com)
I'm wondering what you mean too.... I always use ninite after fresh installs and it has always worked well. And what does hosing a system mean?
Old January 26, 2013, 01:06 PM
Allstar

hose == bork, break, screw-up

Nothing like mass installing software without testing after each install to make sure things are working.

Tags
chrome , internet , runtime , software