Tried to go back to Windows 7.....
So, I installed windows 8 in the fall. I hated the Metro UI from the start. But.......
I tried to go back to Windows 7 yesterday. LOL. It didnt last on my pc for more than a couple of hours.
- prefer the new flatter window design. MS is right. Aero is gimicky.
- prefer the flat, square windows to the rounded ones in 7.
- love Win 8's task manager. Its a huge improvement.
- Simple things like copying files is way better in 8. I love the realtime transfer speed graph.
- Win 8 really seems snappier to me.
- dislike the windows store apps and reall dont like all of the ads at all. But after uninstalling the apps I dont care for and organize the start screen to my tastes, I'm ok with it.
- The menus in win 8 are better as well.
I cant go back to win 7 now, I am growing used to 8. I give a lot of tech support to people so it only makes sense for me to be running the latest os.
Anyway, I guess I am turning around a bit and becoming used to win 8. Feels dirty for me to go back to 7.
I agree. Start8 makes Windows 8 a PROPER OS again.
Start8 AND Decor8!
It's like any new version of Windows. First time you use it, you hate it, but eventually it grows on you and you see why they did what they did.
Decor8 definitely helps to make the start menu more "your own". I have an RoG logo in the bottom left of mine to tie in with my red/black theme inside my case and RoG motherboard.
Start8 while nice in functionality, I don't find myself needing it. I'm content with using the start menu as-is.
I'm finding that I spend more time on the Windows 8 side of my dual-boot PC than on my Win7 side. Win8 has my productivity apps (Office 2010 and Adobe Photoshop Elements. Windows 7 has my games. I am still tinkering with my system, learning ins and outs of Windows 8. Playing with the free APPS, found a few photography fun ones. Maps (I think BING) even had a better aerial image of our house (we live in a remote rural hamlet of about 200 people, I was flabbergasted by the image, you could even make out our vehicles, google maps only gives a side glance at the village from the highway. I did find some gadgets that I like 8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 8 which has the Win7 style clock, calendar, CPU/Memory dial meters, and a quick "off" button which I use. I'm slowly getting the hang of this new system. It is growing on me.
You can disable the store aps here is a link to a web sight that exHow to Disable Windows Store Apps in Windows 8plains how
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 PM.|