Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 28, 2012, 06:34 AM
Allstar

Default Android Jelly Beans more Windows than Microsoft Windows 8

If you are unfortunate enough to purchase a Windows 8 Phone , you will discover very fast that you can't use windows anymore. With Android Jellybeans, you can pop up an application in a window, re size it, and place it where you want, here an example of S Note open when using the Google Apps Spreadsheet. What's up MS, you can't make a Windows with windows anymore ?

Old December 28, 2012, 11:06 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Isn't this is what only the Note can do, not just any Jellybean device?
Old December 28, 2012, 11:28 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisS View Post
Isn't this is what only the Note can do, not just any Jellybean device?
I do believe this is a Samsung thing (part of the 'Premium Suite' coming to the Note, Note 2, S3), but I'm not sure if other Android makers have something similar.

As devices get larger screens, I would be shocked if we don't see something similar on the new Blackberry devices and Win8/RT stuff soon.
Fold for team #54196
Old December 28, 2012, 11:53 AM
Allstar

What is important is that the Big Giant Microsoft can't do the same with their new Flagship OS. The Metro Crap apps are not able to run in window or re size ( well sort off , of course you have the slit in 20% of the screen kind of stupid thing )
Old December 28, 2012, 01:12 PM
Top Prospect

I don't really see the point of this. "Windows" is a brand. It doesn't mean that every single thing Microsoft does needs to have actual window-designed apps. Come on people....
Old December 28, 2012, 01:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marute View Post
I don't really see the point of this. "Windows" is a brand. It doesn't mean that every single thing Microsoft does needs to have actual window-designed apps. Come on people....
Except isn't that why it was developed and called Windows in the first place :P
Old December 28, 2012, 01:24 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
And it's why a lot of peoples are returning their Surface too, they can run regular Windows Apps on a Windows RT, when of course as not computer literate they was expecting so.
Old December 28, 2012, 01:28 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Indeed it was, but I still don't believe that Microsoft should be forced to do only window-designs just because thair brand is named "Windows". :P

And @OP. What do you mean by "can't use windows anymore?" You were never able to use windows in any Windows Phone design. You could in Windows Mobile I think(?), but that was a different thing altogether. In that way, Windows Phone works a lot like Apple iOS which people worship like there was no tomorrow. I have a Windows Phone 7.5 device and if there is one thing I can do it is to recommend Windows Phone to anybody who wants to listen. It is by far the best mobile experience I've ever had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
And it's why a lot of peoples are returning their Surface too, they can run regular Windows Apps on a Windows RT, when of course as not computer literate they was expecting so.
Of course they can't, it's a tablet. It's not Microsoft's fault that people don't do their homework before they mindlessly toss their money at the nearest electronics store.

Last edited by Marute; December 28, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old December 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marute View Post
.. I have a Windows Phone 7.5 device ..
lol, you probably the only one on this forum
Old December 28, 2012, 01:34 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
lol, you probably the only one on this forum
Perhaps, but that doesn't change the fact that it works like a charm and I wouldn't trade it for anything (other than perhaps something with Windows Phone 8).