Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 28, 2012, 02:08 PM
Allstar

if you expect to have windows on your phone....you have other issues to worry about.

and yes, this is a SAMSUNG feature on SELECT phones, not a jellybean feature. I'm telling you this as an owner of TWO jellybean devices (both 4.1 and 4.2).

you'll quickly realize this feature isn't as useful as you think it is. a screen that small simply can't have enough info on it.

EDIT:

how is this topic not pure trolling?
Old December 28, 2012, 02:20 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User #2 View Post

how is this topic not pure trolling?
Why it will be trolling ? on a phone may be not, but Microsoft can't even do it on a tablet or a desktop metro apps., aside what I try to point is that Android or Samsung , whatever who was capable to give us app in window and re sizable, Microsoft can't do it with their Metro apps, that,S is the point nothing trolling here, aside of may be not please a religious Windows 8 lovers.
Old December 28, 2012, 02:39 PM
Top Prospect

And apple can't do it on their tablet apps either, nor can Android. Microsoft actually has the desktop interface WITH 'windows' on their Surface and all Windows RT devices for file management which is more than the competitors.

It is an fair opinion that you dislike the Modern UI of Microsoft. I for one think it's great but that's a question of opinions. However, I still find this topic redundant at best...
Old December 28, 2012, 02:46 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
Why it will be trolling ? on a phone may be not, but Microsoft can't even do it on a tablet or a desktop metro apps., aside what I try to point is that Android or Samsung , whatever who was capable to give us app in window and re sizable, Microsoft can't do it with their Metro apps, that,S is the point nothing trolling here, aside of may be not please a religious Windows 8 lovers.
for one, you keep saying it's jellybean providing these features. that is an outright lie.

for two, you keep saying windows 8 doesn't have windows. that is an outright lie. WP7/8 don't have windows support (guess what....NO stock OS provides this - not even all samsung phones have it for that matter). windows 8 itself has all the windows support of win7.

pretending lies are the truth = trolling.

there's a difference between being a zealot and not wanting misinformation to be spread.
Old December 28, 2012, 02:49 PM
Allstar

Trolling who ? 99% of peoples hate Windows 8, if I was trolling I will start a tread with " I love Windows 8" , or a tread on Apple vs PC

Trolling, redundant, do you have other qualification ? In case you don't notice I'm not the only one to hate what Microsoft did with Windows 8, I will say I'm part of the majority, but as usually we ear more the minority.

Generic I hope you are more intelligent that this, I refer to the Metro apps no been able to run in windows. This is why I use a phone who can do it as example. My only experience with jelly beans is with a Galaxy Note 2, so this is not a lie, how should i know other jelly beans can't do this, aside this is not the point, Metro Apps are a major step back, this is what you should retain of my comment

I can't believe how peoples can be so religious with Microsoft, Apple of course they can't do wrong.

Last edited by botat29; December 28, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old December 28, 2012, 08:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
Trolling who ? 99% of peoples hate Windows 8, if I was trolling I will start a tread with " I love Windows 8" , or a tread on Apple vs PC

No, that would be an opinion that you have if you do it correctly, but it would piss a lot of people off, more like.

Trolling, redundant, do you have other qualification ? In case you don't notice I'm not the only one to hate what Microsoft did with Windows 8, I will say I'm part of the majority, but as usually we ear more the minority.

Fact still remains you still indicated that the Windows in WP8 should have actual Windows. You're confusing a brand with a UI technology/methodology.

Generic I hope you are more intelligent that this, Says the guy who did no reaseach before posting this thread I refer to the Metro apps no been able to run in windows. Metro isn't the entirety of Windows. Last I checked you could still have windows on the W8 desktop. Never mind you can still properly mutlitask - just no windowed applications. This is why I use a phone who can do it as example. My only experience with jelly beans is with a Galaxy Note 2, so this is not a lie, how should i know other jelly beans can't do this, see above comment aside this is not the point, Metro Apps are a major step back, this is what you should retain of my comment. So why didn't you say that instead of "OMG 'Jelly Beans' can do this WP8 why can't j00?!"

I can't believe how peoples can be so religious with Microsoft, Apple of course they can't do wrong.Nothing religious, just correcting your mistakes.
Not that I'm disagreeing with the original intent of the post, but there's something to be said for screen real-estate too, or lack thereof.
Old May 24, 2014, 02:12 AM
MVP

My System Specs

windows 8 should have done improvments to the core, get rid of maybe some things that prevented possible speed improvments (paging of hard drive constantly etc) but they should have damn well left windows as windows and have crap UI not rammed down our throats, and the "new" outlook which is another "modern" flair that very few folks wanted. am sure they can have all that fancy stuff done in the background, and shown in the foreground for those who want it, and for everyone else, leave it the way that has worked for decades :)
Old May 24, 2014, 08:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonstongue View Post
windows 8 should have done improvments to the core, get rid of maybe some things that prevented possible speed improvments (paging of hard drive constantly etc) but they should have damn well left windows as windows and have crap UI not rammed down our throats, and the "new" outlook which is another "modern" flair that very few folks wanted. am sure they can have all that fancy stuff done in the background, and shown in the foreground for those who want it, and for everyone else, leave it the way that has worked for decades :)
2 year bump! Good job.
Old May 24, 2014, 09:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
2 year bump! Good job.
hehe I am glad I am not the only one that does this on occasion