Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2012, 09:55 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Replaced Win8 OEM with Win 7 Pro Driver Problem

Summery-
-was given a HP Pavilion G6-2240nr as a thank you, for work I would have done for free.
-pretty much brand new, came preloaded with Windows 8 (home)
-I pulled the HDD, upgraded RAM and replaced HDD with SSD from older HP I had lying around.
-installed Windows 7 Pro
-install went fine...except no matter what I've tried the 2 USB.3.0 ports will not work now.

-USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller returns with errors (code 52) Digital Signature not recognized, I disabled Signature Recognition via CMD line & F8 Boot options....no dice- (code 39) suggests REBOOT..fail.

Obviously I've been to HP Driver/support Downloads...nothing listed for Win7 in USB Drivers...nothing seems to work....Is is possible there simply is no 3.0 drivers for this make/model/OS ? Seems unlikely being a generic HP product.

Ideas?
Attached Images

Old December 2, 2012, 10:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Nothing listed as usb drivers, but what about chipset drivers?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old December 2, 2012, 10:32 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Nothing listed as usb drivers, but what about chipset drivers?
Good call, I was confident I had covered this...twice! lol. Second opinion is always good.

AMD Chipset Drivers

Is all good, USB.3.0 port working great.
Old January 30, 2013, 12:50 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Cant seem to find Win 7 64bit drivers that will work with either the ethernet controller or the wireless. ANy help?

Took windows 8 off for a family member and quickly remembered why I dont mess with laptops...

Dick Kickem
Old January 30, 2013, 09:44 PM
Rookie

I did the downgrade to 7 on one of these about a month ago and it seems to me the Windows 8 drivers for the Ralink wireless card finally got it working. Annoying!
Old January 31, 2013, 08:41 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
Cant seem to find Win 7 64bit drivers that will work with either the ethernet controller or the wireless. ANy help?

Took windows 8 off for a family member and quickly remembered why I dont mess with laptops...
What model is the laptop?
Old January 31, 2013, 09:57 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigFOIG View Post
What model is the laptop?

It is the HP Pavilion g6-2240nr. I think my In-laws got it free from Telus for signing up for their internet/T.V. bundle. Had Windows 8 on it and they hated it more than I do, so I checked the HP driver website and checked to see what the drivers supported as far as Windows versions and tossed Windows 7 X64 on it for them thinking all would be a snap. None of the drivers for anything but Bluetooth and the chipset drivers I pulled from AMD's website will install. Both the Wireless (Atheros) and LAN (Realtek) bounce saying that no controller was found.

Everything was operational before switching and I even spent an hour on a support chat with a plank that new nothing. After the hour he just said that the OS was not supported. Well, how come the drivers all list Windows 7 as supported?

GD I hate laptops...

Dick Kickem
Old February 1, 2013, 02:06 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Oh wait... that's weird... I meant to post that in a different thread. Whoops.
Old February 1, 2013, 06:04 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
It is the HP Pavilion g6-2240nr. I think my In-laws got it free from Telus for signing up for their internet/T.V. bundle. Had Windows 8 on it and they hated it more than I do, so I checked the HP driver website and checked to see what the drivers supported as far as Windows versions and tossed Windows 7 X64 on it for them thinking all would be a snap. None of the drivers for anything but Bluetooth and the chipset drivers I pulled from AMD's website will install. Both the Wireless (Atheros) and LAN (Realtek) bounce saying that no controller was found.

Everything was operational before switching and I even spent an hour on a support chat with a plank that new nothing. After the hour he just said that the OS was not supported. Well, how come the drivers all list Windows 7 as supported?

GD I hate laptops...
Definately give the Ralink wireless driver for Windows 8 a try. It worked on the G6-2240nr that I had the exact same trouble with you did.
Old February 1, 2013, 11:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai73 View Post
Definately give the Ralink wireless driver for Windows 8 a try. It worked on the G6-2240nr that I had the exact same trouble with you did.

So you were having trouble getting the Ethernet and Wireless drivers installed and after installing the BT driver they worked after? I got the BT driver on and will still not install.... Gonna try re-installing Win7 then trying the BT driver first. If that doesnt work Windows 8 is going back on and calling it a day.

Dick Kickem