Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   money pak virus problem (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/57974-money-pak-virus-problem.html)

hohohee November 19, 2012 07:51 PM

money pak virus problem

google and always end up in youtube and it does not help. see casual user comment thinking its real and saying its convincing and some even ask how do you know its fake. ahahahha funny.

heard malwarebytes will work so i download it to usb and plug it to the infected machine..... install and run in safe mode with networking to update definition. unplug ethernet. then scan.

results.... found 2. delete/quanitine. restart.... still no good. virus still lock up screen.

so now tired of googling. can any real user with real experience with this particular virus help with getting rid of this virus?

i do not want to restore to last checkpoint. is there a way to fix this without it?

so far tried malwarebytes, micro trend, avg and spybot but none did not fix it!

enaberif November 19, 2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hohohee (Post 671957)
google and always end up in youtube and it does not help. see casual user comment thinking its real and saying its convincing and some even ask how do you know its fake. ahahahha funny.

heard malwarebytes will work so i download it to usb and plug it to the infected machine..... install and run in safe mode with networking to update definition. unplug ethernet. then scan.

results.... found 2. delete/quanitine. restart.... still no good. virus still lock up screen.

so now tired of googling. can any real user with real experience with this particular virus help with getting rid of this virus?

i do not want to restore to last checkpoint. is there a way to fix this without it?

so far tried malwarebytes, micro trend, avg and spybot but none did not fix it!

ComboFix.

Lpfan4ever November 19, 2012 08:16 PM

I've had certain programs remove it no problem, and others fail to remove it. There's a LOT of different variants with basically the same thing being shown on your screen. At work I typically use Windows Defender Offline first, then Malwarebytes after if that doesn't work. ComboFix may be worth a try as well.

BeaverBender November 19, 2012 08:27 PM

It also very much depends on how far it has penetrated your system. A solution that worked perfectly well for someone else may not work for you if yours has progressed further along.

Nodscene November 19, 2012 08:46 PM

It sounds like you have access to the desktop so at least you aren't too badly infected. I tend to like Combofix as it really does a better job than most although it deletes what it likes and doesn't ask you first. Can be a bit troublesome in a business environment as it can delete some necessary startup items (Copitrak, and some other 3rd party programs occasionally). Just make sure to read the log file when you are done to see what it's removed. Not a big deal really.

When I was dealing with the Ukash virus I tried it all and the only thing that fixed the computer was Combofix. Most of the time a Malwarebytes scan and then Combofix will get rid of a good 95% of viruses I run across.

hohohee November 19, 2012 09:08 PM

oh yeah combo fix. ive used that before long time ago to get rid of other virus.

no i cannot access my desktop. it covers all the desktop screen when booting up asking for money to unlock. when it first happend i knew somethings up as my browser sudden lag then finally it loads to the virus money screen.... i was racing to quickly unplug my ethernet wire on the back of my computer but it loads to the virus screen first... i was like 1.4 seconds late.

i can log in to another computer account (same machine) using safe mode and everything is fine but when i log in to the infected computer account..... the virus still there. i can log on to another computer account is probly because i quickly unplug the internet fast enough before it does heavy damage to the machine right?

yeah ill try combo fix!

AkG November 19, 2012 09:17 PM

try combo fix. if that doesnt nuke it....DL avira's rescue CD program. burn it run it, use it. if that doesnt kill it. Try Kaspersky's rescue CD. If those two dont do it...I'd probably sandbox the disk in another rig and use malwarebytes and SAS. If combofix, avira, kasp, malwarebytes AND Super AntiSpyware cant kill it....nuke the drive and restore from backup as you are screwed, blue and about to be tattooed. ;)

sswilson November 19, 2012 09:21 PM

Yeah, at some point you end up spending a lot more time trying to remove a nasty that could very well just come back again quickly that it would take to just do a fresh install. It bites to have to copy data files (ensure you scan them before putting them back on) and reinstall software, but I never understood why somebody would spend 3 or 4 days trying to get rid of a nasty.

hohohee November 19, 2012 10:49 PM

yo0o0oz!! it worked! combo fixaaaa! after it done scan and restart...... while windows boot up i was like..... all sweating and hoping the virus screen wont apear and it did not!

finally! took all day to fix. waste time with other programs. avg took me 2.5 hour to completely scan. should of straight to combo fix! and it only took less than 10 min to scan!

so now what is recommended for extra cleaning after got rid of the virus? what should i scan with for extra cleaning?

enaberif November 20, 2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hohohee (Post 671987)
yo0o0oz!! it worked! combo fixaaaa! after it done scan and restart...... while windows boot up i was like..... all sweating and hoping the virus screen wont apear and it did not!

finally! took all day to fix. waste time with other programs. avg took me 2.5 hour to completely scan. should of straight to combo fix! and it only took less than 10 min to scan!

so now what is recommended for extra cleaning after got rid of the virus? what should i scan with for extra cleaning?

Get rid of AVG and install MSE
Malwarebytes and Super AntiSpyware to clean up the aftermess
Then run MSE