Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2012, 11:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Tablet Talk

I'm pretty sure I've heard either Keltron or Arinoth talk about this program but I have discovered it myself wonderfully tonight.

This is for Android OS and basically what it does is allow you to use the tablet to send/receive sms messages sent to your phone without actually using your phone.

It also allows you to place BlueTooth calls if you have a bluetooth headset connected to your phone as well.

This just makes me not only love the Android OS even more but love using a tablet/phone as well.
Old November 4, 2012, 12:01 AM
MVP

Rogers has a one number app that, I believe, allows you to talk and text from your tablet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dlcnMudm9pcCJd
Old November 4, 2012, 06:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yep enab that would have been me initially. I don't use it that often however it is great to port the few features you don't get in a tablet from your phone to it. My intentions were so that I could use hands free calling through it rather then my phone as the tablet would be streaming music to my car, however they STILL DON'T HAVE a damn Nexus 7 car dock (not mount)
Old November 4, 2012, 08:21 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

So, is this really something new for Android? I'm not trying to be antagonistic or deliberately obtuse here, I really don't know. I know there have been SMS apps for the iPad since last year.

Old November 4, 2012, 10:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBender View Post
So, is this really something new for Android? I'm not trying to be antagonistic or deliberately obtuse here, I really don't know. I know there have been SMS apps for the iPad since last year.
I'm not sure if you don't understand this premise but Android tablets until recently don't have data capabilities except wifi so using them over a cell network isn't possible and thus not able to receive/send phone calls or sms messages.

This program allows that cross over so your tablet doesn't need to have cell data to do things that you want. Just like if you want you can tether your phone to your tablet and use that for data.