Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2012, 10:48 PM
Rookie

Default Can't activate my windows.

I get this Error Code 0xC004F063, when I'm trying to activate my windows.
After entering my product key, it loads a little, then it gives the Error Code.

The description is the following : The software Licensing Service reported that the computer BIOS is missing a require license?

I don't get it. Someone help me please? :[ What should I do?
I didn't download or anything recently. Just browsing, and youtube.

I simply hate the black background, also also this popup asking me to activate my windows.
I don't mind about the windows update, i don't even update my computer.
Anyways,
I'm not sure what kind of info i should be giving. Feel free to ask.
And also,
Thank you for your time!

EDIT: Oh by the way, this computer is custom made. Here are some parts:
GA-B75M-D3H
RIPJAW RAM 2x4
Core i3 2120
No videocard ( using IGP )
Old October 23, 2012, 10:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznb3nms View Post
I get this Error Code 0xC004F063, when I'm trying to activate my windows.
After entering my product key, it loads a little, then it gives the Error Code.

The description is the following : The software Licensing Service reported that the computer BIOS is missing a require license?

I don't get it. Someone help me please? :[ What should I do?
I didn't download or anything recently. Just browsing, and youtube.

I simply hate the black background, also also this popup asking me to activate my windows.
Anyways,
I'm not sure what kind of info i should be giving. Feel free to ask.
And also,
Thank you for your time!
Where exactly did you get your copy of windows from?
Old October 23, 2012, 10:54 PM
Rookie

my friend lent me his windows 7 copy.
It's legit, it has the packaging and everything... or rather it looks like it. I'm doubting it now...

EDIT: Not to mention, i used that exact copy on another computer before. Well, my older desktop. And it worked fine. no problem :[ Although it wasn't custom. It was a Dell.
... Am I missing something or did I forget to do something. First time making a computer.
Old October 23, 2012, 11:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
my friend lent me his windows 7 copy.
It's legit, it has the packaging and everything... or rather it looks like it. I'm doubting it now...

EDIT: Not to mention, i used that exact copy on another computer before. Well, my older desktop. And it worked fine. no problem :[ Although it wasn't custom. It was a Dell.
... Am I missing something or did I forget to do something. First time making a computer.
Sounds like an issue with the key being in used elsewhere
Old October 23, 2012, 11:33 PM
Rookie

sigh :[
Old October 24, 2012, 05:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Sounds like that disc+key was designed for Dell.

With Windows 7, there's something called SLIC licensing which requires a certificate on the DVD along with a matching certificate embedded in the BIOS.

You'll have to buy OEM or Retail media from a retailer like NCIX, Newegg, etc.

Though at this point in time, if you don't mind a little change, I'd just buy Windows 8. It was going for $69 last week, but it looks like it's up to $99 this week.
Old October 24, 2012, 05:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sounds like an OEM copy that ties itself to that Dell motherboard. Time for a new copy.

EDIT: Looks like JD hit the reply button faster than me.
Old October 24, 2012, 11:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Just browsing, and youtube.
(...)
You know generic web browsing + installing no updates means you are vulnerable to drive-by downloads, right? I'll let you enjoy your collection of viruses

Oh well, as noted by the others you'll want to get a non-Dell Windows copy. A free alternative for just browsing is a Linux distribution including Ubuntu or Mint - Linux likes Intel IGPs.
Old October 24, 2012, 11:45 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Though at this point in time, if you don't mind a little change, I'd just buy Windows 8. It was going for $69 last week, but it looks like it's up to $99 this week.
Are those full bare metal isntall copies or upgrade versions for use with Win7 installs?
Old October 24, 2012, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
You know generic web browsing + installing no updates means you are vulnerable to drive-by downloads, right? I'll let you enjoy your collection of viruses

Oh well, as noted by the others you'll want to get a non-Dell Windows copy. A free alternative for just browsing is a Linux distribution including Ubuntu or Mint - Linux likes Intel IGPs.
not necessarily true as long as there is malware and or antivirus scanners and the firewall scripts are updated should be ok. heck I used to use XP without being updated for well over a year never and never got any virus's as long as all the other software is updated then it should be ok. the thing is though you probably will get Nag screens allot.
another thing also is that I don't think that win 7 will be getting any new service packs . you might be able to manually update it from Microsoft via downloading the security updates I just think that the Automatic updates don't work.
Closed Thread