Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   F*??%&& Windows 8 , mouse problem (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/57358-f-windows-8-mouse-problem.html)

botat29 October 18, 2012 06:07 AM

F*??%&& Windows 8 , mouse problem

I reboot my Windows 8 PC and my mouse don't work anymore, I don't know what stupid update whit Windows 8 did, the mouse work fine in the EUFI Bios, so it's really Windows 8 problem, changing the port do nothing.

Update ...it's all my USB port I lost.... WTF Microsoft.....

enaberif October 18, 2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botat29 (Post 663545)
I reboot my Windows 8 PC and my mouse don't work anymore, I don't know what stupid update whit Windows 8 did, the mouse work fine in the EUFI Bios, so it's really Windows 8 problem, changing the port do nothing.

Update ...it's all my USB port I lost.... WTF Microsoft.....

You seriously want to bitch to Microsoft for running a unstable OS? I think you need to check your head. :ph34r:

botat29 October 18, 2012 06:50 AM

I fix temporary the problem, I disable legacy USB in the Bios, my printers, usb stick and mouse work now.... will check later when I'm more in the mood

Bloodystumps October 18, 2012 06:58 AM

You are not suppose to use a mouse with Win 8 its for touch screens , why you still using a mouse that is so win 3.1:bananafunky:

Shadowmeph October 18, 2012 08:54 AM

I do find it strange I would maybe reset the Bios or just shut down the PC unplug the the PSU and push the power butting to drain any electricity in the system then plug every thing back in and try it I think that it might be more of a hard ware problem then a software problem.

botat29 October 18, 2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowmeph (Post 663581)
I do find it strange I would maybe reset the Bios or just shut down the PC unplug the the PSU and push the power butting to drain any electricity in the system then plug every thing back in and try it I think that it might be more of a hard ware problem then a software problem.

With Asus we never know....... but as I said the USB port work in the BIOS as the mouse work in the EUFI Bios.

sswilson October 18, 2012 11:21 AM

Did you try re-installing the motherboard drivers?

Do they (the usb ports/hubs) show up in device manager? If they do and you haven't already tried, remove them from device manager and let windows try to pick them up again.

botat29 October 18, 2012 11:37 AM

thanks Wilson, but it work now, I just disable legacy USB in the BIOS.

sjsabin December 16, 2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodystumps (Post 663553)
You are not suppose to use a mouse with Win 8 its for touch screens , why you still using a mouse that is so win 3.1:bananafunky:

Nice Idea...However Windows 8 is being shipped on non-touchscreen PCs. so what is your answer

to those people? Once again I think Microsoft has lost site of the fact the some people actually need to use computer.

botat29 December 16, 2012 05:36 AM

You revive and old tread just to say that. As I'm the starter I was expecting a solution to this problem, better we close the tread