Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2012, 09:14 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Sure I'll take it, I can use the extra $15. Where can I send my banking information to so that it can be deposited in my account before downloading win8?
ROFLMAO!!!! Nicely done!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
why $ 800 a mini mac a future shop ? , it's $ 600 on apple store
Depends on the Model of Mac Mini. BB probably has the more powerful version.

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old October 26, 2012, 10:14 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
why $ 800 a mini mac a future shop ? , it's $ 600 on apple store
Futureshop has more locations than Apple.
Old October 26, 2012, 10:51 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
I've never seen any Linux appearance I like. Even the fonts render poorly and look bad.

I get paid for the work I do on computers, I'm not going to work for nothing to fix the Linux UI when the alternatives are already better.
Well again, that's a personal preference, which is fine. Fonts render just fine here, and the the interface is perfectly decent. Better is a matter of opinion and we agree to differ.
Old October 27, 2012, 09:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Linux has many many faces allot more then windows with windows you are lucky to get more then one face that you are forced to live with.
I think that a great example is the tha tI am fairly sure that the Android OS is a form of Linux
Old October 27, 2012, 10:28 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Day Two of running Windows 8 Pro - still installing programs - slow internet via satellite makes updates take forever and every program wants me to update to the latest and greatest. Starting to get the hang of it. It did solve my problem of not recognizing all 32 GB of RAM - but still thinks it is 1333 Mhz and not 1600 Mhz - that too will come.

Had to create a XXX@live.com in order to load apps that's not right, I'm a google guy. Even though I told it I wanted Chrome as my default browser - I get pestered with messages that IE is now better. Sigh.

I did notice that AMD's Vision Engine Control Centre (Catalyst) has lost lots of its options - will probably have to reload that one. No longer see the options to configure my monitors or my video set up. Will have to find some other way to see if my dual graphics set up is still enabled. One more thing to re-set.

Oh the Joys of a new OS
Old October 27, 2012, 11:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortkentdad View Post
Day Two of running Windows 8 Pro - still installing programs - slow internet via satellite makes updates take forever and every program wants me to update to the latest and greatest. Starting to get the hang of it. It did solve my problem of not recognizing all 32 GB of RAM - but still thinks it is 1333 Mhz and not 1600 Mhz - that too will come.

Had to create a XXX@live.com in order to load apps that's not right, I'm a google guy. Even though I told it I wanted Chrome as my default browser - I get pestered with messages that IE is now better. Sigh.

I did notice that AMD's Vision Engine Control Centre (Catalyst) has lost lots of its options - will probably have to reload that one. No longer see the options to configure my monitors or my video set up. Will have to find some other way to see if my dual graphics set up is still enabled. One more thing to re-set.

Oh the Joys of a new OS
windows 8 is a Microsoft gathering info off of clients OS hehe I know I sound paranoid but I think I am right.
Old October 27, 2012, 11:06 AM
Allstar

I run Windows 8 with my domain user name, it ask me once for my Microsoft user name ( in my case xyz@sympatico.ca) and password for access to the store and after he never ask me again. So when I log in my computer no info are send to MS and I can install apps from the store, I will wonder more about what Google collect instead

Guys put it this way, you need Windows 8 only if you want Metro Crap apps in your PC, if not, stick with Windows 7 , the new task manager ( very nice) and the faster boot time, is not worth the switch, especially if you own a SSD and you never shutdown your PC.
Old October 28, 2012, 04:31 PM
Allstar

" what they did with my Start button ? , may be I should come back"

Old October 28, 2012, 06:31 PM

My System Specs

Thank goodness for Start8. I think I would have had a breakdown if I couldn't go back to the original Start menu.
Old October 28, 2012, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Thank goodness for Start8. I think I would have had a breakdown if I couldn't go back to the original Start menu.
See this is my biggest beef.. if so many people are doing this it should say something. I don't like the fact that third party software is again needed for people to be happy.

On a 2nd note.. less than 48 hours Windows 8 x32 and x64 with crack has been released