Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   I dont care what anyone says I love windows 8 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/57095-i-dont-care-what-anyone-says-i-love-windows-8-a.html)

Soullessone21 October 5, 2012 11:31 AM

I dont care what anyone says I love windows 8

So I got a win 7 tablet a few months ago and I hated it, so I put eight on it and DAMN!!! This thing rocks msging and photos are great MSN is awesome and Skype is art to talk to my kids :)

I love it on my tablet just loooooooove it:)

great_big_abyss October 5, 2012 11:45 AM

Nobody said it wouldn't be any good on a tablet...

BryceBooth October 5, 2012 11:46 AM

I'm definitely looking forward to the onslaught of Win 8 Tablets, have you encountered any issues yet with regards to compatibility or anything else?

sswilson October 5, 2012 11:55 AM

I'm still waiting for win8 drivers to show up for my iconia tab. I dropped Acer a service ticket a few months ago asking if win 8 drivers were on the way and didn't really get a clear answer other than that the current drivers only supported up to win7.

Soullessone21 October 5, 2012 12:27 PM

All drivers msi had for mine its a windpad 110 with 4gb ddr3 and one ghz dual core apu upgraded the std no issues yet

NyteOwl October 5, 2012 12:32 PM

It should work on a tablet - that's what it was primarily aimed at, that and phones.

Shadowmeph October 5, 2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soullessone21 (Post 659861)
So I got a win 7 tablet a few months ago and I hated it, so I put eight on it and DAMN!!! This thing rocks msging and photos are great MSN is awesome and Skype is art to talk to my kids :)

I love it on my tablet just loooooooove it:)

when I was testing win8 the first thing I thought of was a tablet, even though I never owned one ( wished I did) the way the OS is setup to me looked like a touch screen. that pretty much is the only reason or thing that I don't like about win 8 for a PC is that, I am wondering though if the have or will be coming out with a wireless ( rf type) device that would have a small tough screen that would show just the devices that you want to launch on your main PC monitor

chrisk October 5, 2012 12:51 PM

Navigating that Start screen on a PC is something else though Souls...

I have it on my folding rig now, thinking of porting the laptop over to it to force me to learn it and I tell you I have had to walk away from my folding rig a few times.

I am getting better at finding what I want now, but I do find that it takes me longer to get to things like settings, or seldom-used programs.

On a tablet? Yep I can see it as being great for that.

sswilson October 5, 2012 12:58 PM

I did some research during the preview and apparently what doesn't work out of the box is the g-meter for auto orientation. There was a kludge for it, and I'll probably try it if/when Acer doesn't release official win8 drivers.

Soullessone21 October 5, 2012 02:25 PM

and when I thought it couldn't get any better my Logitech Tablet Keyboard shows up oh life is sweet