Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 13, 2012, 03:36 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default trying to disable chckdsk

Hey guys, I am runnin win7 Home Premium on 128 G SSD and a 1 T drive. disk check starts on every boot and errors. I am trying to disable it but am having difficulties in doing that.I have done everything here Check Disk (chkdsk) Runs Every Time Windows Starts xp I know apparently Win7 does not have this issue but mine does. Is there a way to disable chckdsk on startup? My system runs fine I have ran Hitachi Drive Fitness Test and an SSD drive test and they are fine. Suggestions ,Links would be appreciated.
Thankyou.
Old August 13, 2012, 04:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not sure if this will be of any use... but maybe check it out: Windows 7 and chkdsk on boot
Old August 13, 2012, 06:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioneater View Post
Not sure if this will be of any use... but maybe check it out: Windows 7 and chkdsk on boot
Yup tried all that before,was able to run a full scan @ startup after doing it again.and now I am back to chckdsk every startup but like always get an error that it cannot access the disk and then goes to my desktop.It is telling me to goto a restore point which I do not want to do. PC is running perfectly. I just want to disable chckdsk on startup. I don't even think it's possible,I have spent a few days researching this.
Old August 13, 2012, 06:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Might have to consider formatting your drive and doing a clean install. I can't think of anything else to try :(
Old August 13, 2012, 06:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

Chkdsk will always try to run if it detects an issue with the drive as stated wipe and redo
Old August 13, 2012, 06:26 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I figured that would be my only option. Just did not want to nuke OS again so soon.
Old August 13, 2012, 07:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Open My Computer>right click C drive>select properties and then tools to check the settings.
but usually that means that there might be a hard drive problem, it also might be set in your bios . Or you might have installed a piece of software that automatically does a chkdsk, usually though if you do what I first posted that stops it.
Old August 14, 2012, 01:03 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
Open My Computer>right click C drive>select properties and then tools to check the settings.
but usually that means that there might be a hard drive problem, it also might be set in your bios . Or you might have installed a piece of software that automatically does a chkdsk, usually though if you do what I first posted that stops it.
Yeah tried that but you do not option to uncheck that box and apply. I'll live with for now untill I make some time for a fresh install. I have ran 3rd party disk checkers and everything is fine. I agree that some piece of software I have installed is causing this glitch. Chkdisk error's on it's own @ startup but with a cmd line it will run no problem @ startup
Old August 14, 2012, 01:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

WOOT found a fix "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Session Manager" autocheck autochk /K:C *
Old August 14, 2012, 05:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That was going to be my next thing was to check the reg file