PHENOM II X4 + GIGABYTE GA 88 GMA UD 2H
Seagate HDD 500GB Sata
DDR-3 CORSAIR x2
HD 6850
BENQ 2220 HD
COOLER MASTER CABINET
COOLER MASTER SMPS 500W
Windows 7 64-bit

My computer freezes when I browse the internet and when using Chrome it freezes immediately. Firefox a little later and with Explorer I can manage to work with one tab. With more tabs the whole computer freezes. I have tried System Restore, Registry cleaner, defrag, anti virus scans Mbam scans etc but to no avail.

The problem started when I shifted the computer to a warmer room and stupidly put the chassis next to an inverter which emits heat. I used to face freezes but as a rare occurrence maybe 1-2 times a week - yes it used to be there before. I could open as many tabs as I wanted in chrome, firefox or explorer.

I have the problem is only with internet browsing - playing videos, music, work on excel, ppt etc is no problem.

I can't figure out whether it is a hard drive problem or something else. I remembered that I had changed the room earlier and the problem started so I have put it down.

Please help!
Old August 6, 2012, 09:32 AM
Allstar

check that all the memory (and indeed all connections) are fully seated. Always a good idea after moving a machine. Also keep an eye on temps. lastly run memtest as browser-only freezing is usually a memory issue (sometimes hardware sometimes software).
Old August 6, 2012, 12:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

mite be partition is corrupted