Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 24, 2012, 11:59 AM
Trial Member

Default PC won't boot properly?

On my PC I checked if my extra 1 TB HDD worked still (I thought it might have died) and after I plugged it in, I couldn't boot into the OS. I unplugged all my hard drives except my SSD and no matter what I try it launches start up repair and that doesn't do anything. I tell it to boot normally, goes to start up repair, I tell it to boot in safe mode, still goes to start up repair. I don't want to have to format my drive and reinstall all my programs and stuff again (I reinstall windows a lot). Anyone know what I can do? Thanks!
Old July 25, 2012, 06:01 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

All I can think of is go to the forums of your SSD manufacturer and see if anyone else has the same problem. They might have a fix for it. Heck it might even be a non-destructive firmware update if you are lucky.