Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25, 2012, 08:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default programs dropping out of foreground

Small annoying little glitch that just started. I'm trying to figure out why Firefox all of a sudden will drop to the background (title bar goes grey, button in task bar pops up) so I lose mouse scrolling on the window until I click it back active again. The window doesn't minimize, so I can still read it but it's annoying nonetheless, and only started happening within the past 24-36hrs. And I hate when things change on my system that I didn't do myself.

The only thing I think is different is that I updated Adobe Flash this weekend. edit: it does seem to be Flash related, the Adobe site was doing it, and now gmail does too.

What program could I use to scan my system to check for anomalies that might cause this? I've done a cleanup with CCleaner, and a scandisk.

Last edited by On2wheels; June 25, 2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old June 25, 2012, 09:26 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

There is a tool you can download from the Adobe site that completely removes flash. Try uninstalling using that tool and re-installing it.