Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14, 2012, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default too many drivers?

So, Im on my 3rd motherboard now and soon to move onto a 4th one. I started with an Asrock p67, then went an ASUS z68 to an ASUS p67 and soon to try an MSI Z77 which is on the way. I have never done a clean install and just simply installed the drivers for the board each time. I haven't had any problems yet but would it be recommended to format and do a fresh install?
Old April 18, 2012, 08:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Well, that would be ideal, but if you don't get any BSOD's, stutters, crashes, and all programs and benchmarks seem right, I frankly wouldn't invest the time either.
With all the board swap outs you may soon find win. to not be running optimally soon, or just fail entirely at some point.
Old April 18, 2012, 08:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Fresh drive's start new.
Old April 18, 2012, 08:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

just use this before you pull the old board then boot up the new board on windows 7 drivers then install your new drivers i have done it tonnes of times with no problems at all. Hell i have a ssd boot drive for testing hardware that i run all the time on legacy drivers and use it for subzero now too and have never had a problem

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/