Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19, 2012, 12:52 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Ubuntu will not boot anymore

My wife has an Acer One netbook which I installed Ubuntu onto for her as it came with Windows 7 starter. It was working fine for several months but now it will get to the Grub screen let you select the installed OS and then gives several errors while trying to load and go into initfsram. I have tried many commands in here but nothing works. I have also tried to edit the command line in Grub but still nothing. I have no optical drive but did the Ubuntu install from a USB key, so I thought, lets try and boot from USB. This does not work either and just gives a black screen with flashing white cursor. Please help.
Old March 19, 2012, 04:58 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Can you elaborate on "nothing works" in command? I don't believe you have a GRUB issue. We may have a corrupt kernel or another critical part. If you're looking for some serious help, posting the errors which occur during boot up would be of serious help!!
Old March 21, 2012, 01:38 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Sorry for the lack of information, we have determined that the HDD is dead.