Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   Vista SP1 Final Installs your experiences (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/5205-vista-sp1-final-installs-your-experiences.html)

tyreman March 21, 2008 02:33 AM

Vista SP1 Final Installs your experiences

Did it thru windows update.
made the desktop.
Fiquring that was nothing short of a miracle.
But all went okay.
Several days out now running with no issues.
Backed it up with Acronis now to.

omgwtf March 21, 2008 05:34 AM

I'm glad its out but I'm not going back to vista...

b1lk1 March 21, 2008 06:27 AM

Can't say I have noticed any difference on either of my PC's.

Cheator March 21, 2008 07:06 AM

I noticed that it feels a little faster on all my PCs. And file transfers are a little faster. IT works, meh :)

Thund3rball March 21, 2008 07:56 AM

Never showed up in my Windows update so I downloaded the standalone and have not installed it yet. But I'll get there sometime this weekend. As long as it doesn't break anything... I'm happy.

ChuckleBrother March 21, 2008 08:07 AM

Installed the standalone, it went smoothly, I just put my comp into its lowest sound output mode(still sounds like someone has a hairdrier on somewhere in the house) and let it run during the night. Nothing went wrong, and all my software still works, despite what people said about vista, let alone vista 64 SP1:)

vinister March 21, 2008 09:40 AM

ya no problems with SP1. seems like microsoft has finally released a good service pack with little to no problems. I have noticed a slight increase in stability.

Jmac March 21, 2008 03:41 PM

Installed it on my brother's computer without any issues. Took about 45 minutes. Increased speed on network and USB device transfers would be the most noticable performance increase. Startup/Shutdown times improved slightly, but nothing that you'd notice without a stopwatch. Neither one was ever really a problem, though. Small increase in 3DMark06 score (Forget exact score, but it improved by less than 50 points). I haven't noticed any improvement in compatibility, reliability, or stability, although none of those were ever an issue.

I don't think I'm going to be doing my computers yet just because:

1) I'm selling my gaming PC this weekend and I'm going to have to reformat it w/ XP, anyways (that's what the buyer wants).
2) My iMac is not using a legal copy of Vista and I don't want to screw it up.
3) I want to back everything up off my media center to DVD before I install SP1 on it and lord knows that's going to be a big ass job (2+ Terabytes).

Varroa March 21, 2008 04:14 PM

Computer crashed 4 times in a row trying to install it on a fresh copy of vista home premium. Had to boot using "last known good settings that worked..." and tried again before it would install. After install my monitors were switched around and had to deactivate one to fix it. Then I got a BSOD when windows tried to install the lone update that was available after SP1 was installed. Now I know why I am still using xp as my primary.

Oh, I tried to install Crysis on Vista the other day, kept saying that windows install was corrupt. I installed other programs before and after with no troubles. Went back and installed it on XP the first try. I still think this is not ready for prime-time.

Mars March 21, 2008 06:13 PM

I've been running it for over a month now, without any problems. Installed Vista with SP1 preitegrated, which went all smoothly, took the chance to set up a couple RAID 0 arrays on my nforce4 system.