Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   Can't play HD mkv files? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/51430-cant-play-hd-mkv-files.html)

Dx10fly February 9, 2012 06:15 AM

Can't play HD mkv files?
 
Whenever i try to watch bluray mkv-s, in VLC the video resets at some point, and the timeline doesnt work correctly.
In other programs the video freezes after 1sec and only the audio track continues.
I have CCCP.
What should i do?
GSpot cant help either, says Unknown.

jtktam February 9, 2012 06:43 AM

get the mkinfo and see if there is header compression..

if there is, try to use wdclean to remove the compression and it should fix your problem

-joe

Dx10fly February 9, 2012 06:55 AM

Sorry i cant find a place where to download mkvinfo*.
mkvinfo -- Print information about elements in Matroska files
This page only has what you can see.

Dx10fly February 9, 2012 07:06 AM

EDIT: Ok nvm i downloaded it, but when i launch mkvinfo.exe, the com window just flashes on my screen and nothing happens.
And what is wdclean? Google doesnt find such a thing.

Nodscene February 9, 2012 07:07 AM

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see the link to bring you to the download page.

Dx10fly February 9, 2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodscene (Post 600063)
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see the link to bring you to the download page.

Surpassed that obstacle already but thanks.

jtktam February 9, 2012 07:21 AM

mkvtoolnix -- Matroska tools for Linux/Unix and Windows

mkclean tool | Matroska

mkclean contains both mkclean and mkwdclean

use wdclean to remove compression

-joe

Dx10fly February 9, 2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtktam (Post 600070)
mkvtoolnix -- Matroska tools for Linux/Unix and Windows

mkclean tool | Matroska

mkclean contains both mkclean and mkwdclean

use wdclean to remove compression

-joe

The Mkclean tool also spawns a com window for 0.5sec and then disappears, what am i supposed to do? This happens with both mkvtool and mkclean.

Dx10fly February 9, 2012 09:49 AM

Really? No answers on THIS? I dont know if its me being a noob but you gave me 2 programs which i cant get to work, so im in sort of a pickle here?

jtktam February 9, 2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dx10fly (Post 600074)
The Mkclean tool also spawns a com window for 0.5sec and then disappears, what am i supposed to do? This happens with both mkvtool and mkclean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dx10fly (Post 600124)
Really? No answers on THIS? I dont know if its me being a noob but you gave me 2 programs which i cant get to work, so im in sort of a pickle here?

srsly .. 6am and 8am is only two hours apart

some of us actually have other things to do :rofl::rofl::rofl:

it's a command line program.. so go to your command prompt, type it in and see what error it gives you

i would guess that you have spaces in your directory or file name

-joe


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 AM.