Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15, 2008, 01:03 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Done with Vista

well I wasn't one of the first to switch but I did give it a try for as long as possible however I can no longer deal with this BS inbetween the host controller problems and now the graphics driver shutting down every 2 minutes.
should it be my responsibility to test Microsofts products...I think not. I should not have to add and remove plugins addons applications etc just to determine that it's their own buggered OS that refuses to work with their own software or with one of two leading graphics card makers.
It is beyond comprehension that they have yet to FIX the major FLAWS in vista and I'm so pissed that I think I'll give Linux a try regardless of the gaming issues
Old March 15, 2008, 03:28 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

What's the problem exactly? I've been adding / removing / swapping components for the past 2 weeks with Vista as the OS and only had a single glitch (which wasn't even Vista related, but a bad download...).
Old March 15, 2008, 09:18 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

lol where do I begin...DL windows live and suddenly had system host error repeatedly with application hangups etc. I made a post and it seems like a recurring issue with many people and can begin due to many different programs all of which I tried removing and/or fixing only to discover its their own Windows Live messenger that's of issue so can no longer use msn as you cannot dl an older version as it makes you update now
Then I played the conan tech beta last sunday and experienced 8 BSOD's then my graphics driver stopped working repeatedly. I have done absolutely everything short of reformatting to fix the problem...and if thats what it comes down to then Im getting rid of it.
sorry no time to edit this as I may only have time to write it before this thing screws up again
Old March 16, 2008, 06:37 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry bud, can't help you here - I don't use Windows Live / Messenger. I don't troubleshoot it...
Old March 16, 2008, 09:42 AM
MVP

Talking

Well no offence but we had some BS with XP many moons ago but we tend to forget.

Any High End Gaming with linux I would be doubtful of.

IMHO best to catalogue what you are using in the build and go from there.

Does it work A++ on XP? No?

Then it won't on Vista!

If its A++ on XP working to perfection..then it should work on Vista you can download the app to have that checked out.

One can have a undersized inadequte power supply, improper hookup and setup Even in cmos bios settings on new builds.

These are just a couple examples and it can go from there.

To even a lowly piece of malware hangin' it up.

From personal experiences here I have loaded a new processor.
Uninstalled sp1 rc.
Warclocked the processor.
Tweaked the ram timings all with maybe for me good luck on Vista.
Mushkin #997007
Noctua NH-D14
Gigabyte GTX 660
Seasonic X-660
Corsair 540 Cube
Noctua case fans
Intel Speed Demon x 2

using Prime 95 27.9