Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 23, 2012, 05:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default mediaplex.com???

Long story medium short,
About amonth ago, I had an issue on my computer. Hwc.com was always redirecting me to an adress ( don't click ) mediaplex.co.....
After scanning and trying to clean my computer from it, I finally gave up and just re-installed everything, formating my HD to make sure it's 100% fine.
Browsed the web for few day after re-installing it and everything was fine, and then suddenly! IT'S BACK!
I am using this computer only for IRC / facebook / HWC / crap like that. No torrent or such on that computer.
Like all my computer, this one is also using Nod32 ( latest version ) and yes it's legal!
Does anyone know about this site or virus or whatever it is! I would like to get rid of it since formating dosen't seems to be enough!

Thx.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 23, 2012, 07:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It looks to be a generic ad web page according to a quick search I did on it through Alexa and McAfee (through a virtual machine running a Linux Live CD). The web page itself didn't attempt to implode my virtual machine, so it looks like you only have to worry about what's redirecting you.

Run a full scan with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) and see if it turns up anything. Nod32 is a good efficient antivirus last time I tried it, but it's still not specialized in spy/adware like MBAM is.
Old January 23, 2012, 09:50 PM
Allstar

Sounds like it could be a MBR virus. Try aswmbr and do a scan with that.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N