Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13, 2011, 08:10 PM
MVP

Default need help. strange firefox situation

firefox came with x-fire?

does anyone know if these days if you download firefox broweser it comes with x-fire? x-fire is a messenger for gamers.

my relative surf something and x-fire says expired in the browser itself. i told him to minimize, he says he cant. its in the browser. i was like ohhh shiet is his computer hacked?

i know in general that most program when you download it always come with junk programs that you had to uncheck the box if you dont want it. but i have never heard firefox offer x-fire. i am curious if any of you know anything about firefox comes with x-fire? and x-fire shows up in the browser itself. this is strange.

wtf: i just went and try downloading firefox althoughi already got firefox. i download and proceed to installation and it says nothing about x-fire.... this is getting weird! someone help!

if in fact the x-fire came with something he downloaded off of other program like game programs.... which in fact most games do come with x-fire but still no explaination of why x-fire stuff is shown on the page of something else? say he surf yahoo site and he click to other page and sudden x-fire stuff apear in the page saying something expired. i dont know what he talking about too. we not at the same place. can someone verify this strange situation? what it is?

Last edited by hohohee; November 13, 2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old November 13, 2011, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

firefox is totally different and has nothing to do with xfire just tell him\her to uninstall xfire messenger, there probably installed the extra crap that comes with xfire and that is what has expired.
Old November 20, 2011, 08:57 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Xfire installs the Xfire toolbar, unless you choose not to, which also changes the default search engine. You're probably seeing errors either from the toolbar or the search engine.
Old December 4, 2011, 10:04 AM
MVP

i see. does anyone have exact idea of why it says something expired when browsing? i think too that xfire come with something that integrant to the toolbar of the browser or xfire itself integrant to the toolbar and relate to the browser.

i do have installed xfire on my own computer back in the days but i no longer use it as i see it useless and not interest. i remembered it got nothing to do with browser or integrant anything to the browser. now it probly does.

i went ahead and download xfire to see if it comes with any extra program offers via installing like i said in first post but i see nothing. i did not actually install it. i just want to see the installing screens to see if it have any extra junk program.

Last edited by hohohee; December 4, 2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old December 4, 2011, 10:16 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by but2002 View Post
Xfire installs the Xfire toolbar, unless you choose not to, which also changes the default search engine. You're probably seeing errors either from the toolbar or the search engine.
what exactly is the xfire toolbar do? how and why it it says expired? what triggers it to says expired when browsing?