Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2011, 04:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Browser Sync.

I was wonder if anyone use sync on either on chrome, opera, firefox.

I need to reinstall window vista on laptop and it seems like sync would be the easiest to backup my firefox data.
Old November 1, 2011, 04:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I use it on chrome, and TBH i can't live without it. I love how it syncs all my bookmarks, themes & plugins. It's awesome if you want to carry around a usb drive with a portable version of chrome on it, with sync enabled.
Old November 20, 2011, 09:05 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

If you back up your Mozilla folder located in %appdata% you need not worry about losing anything. Everything, including your themes is stored in that folder. If you can manage to retain that, then just put it in %appdata% on your new install and it will be like nothing happened to your settings.

This works for a lot of other programs too, but not all.