Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2011, 07:49 AM
Allstar

Default Home Server 2011 odd issue

I have upgraded my old home server to the newest and greatest. Everything is working fine except one thing. Non WHS 2011 default shares and my xbox extender. When I create a new share say movies, when I go to use the extender it works fine until I reboot my media PC. At that point the extender no longer has access. I have checked folder security and sharing properties and even have gone so far to add everyone and guest full access to both and the problem persists.

The media PC can access the folder no problem, and the extender can access ALL default folders like video, music, pictures.

Has anyone else run into this issue? its driving me nuts, I like to have things separated but I may just have to merge my movie share into my video share. I ran into this with my music, I have a current music folder and my large everything folder.... but it magically fixed itself after awhile. Non default folders do seem to have issues with extenders....