Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 29, 2008, 01:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Well, sad to say I had no idea you could download it. In any case, it's HUGE. So Yes I'll probably get it.

But, for now I would like to get my Fedora running again. How can I set my graphic settings back to default from the command line?
Old February 29, 2008, 01:18 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Wait.. nevermind... by some miracle I managed to make it work

I just wish I can make the dual screen work.
Old February 29, 2008, 01:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Try this:

system-config-display --reconfig --noui

then reboot and you should get a generic and horribly large X windows that you can then reconfigure using the gui.

EDIT: pooh, I'm posting over your replies. I don't know how to get dual screen working either, I've never had the hardware to try.

Last edited by low351; February 29, 2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: One two step
Old February 29, 2008, 01:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

It's funny, Fedora or any other linux OS gives me the option, it just rarely works for some odd reason.

hmm... I hope you don't mind answering my bombardment of questions. I just got lots of things I want to learn.

Seeing how it is working, and working well enough for me to complete my task. I'd like to figure out a way to access the command line inside of windows.

I have everything set up on it's own personal HDD. 2x drives for files and etc, 1 drive for windows, and 1 for linux. Just makes everything impartial to each other so I can't royally screw both OS and my files all at once. (surely you could, I just feel safer this way)

I have heard of some program that allows me to run the OS inside of XP in a window, but thats not exactly what I am looking for. I'm thinking of something like telnet only using my own system to access it self (sounds odd but hard to put in better words).
Old February 29, 2008, 08:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I don't mind questions, I'm glad to provide what help I can.

Linux is an operating system, The only way you can access it in a windows prompt even by telneting to itself is to run it in Vmware. That way you can have it running in the background and telnet to it.

For you though the best option would have been to use VMware player with an appliance, that's a fully functional Fedora or other linux distro pre-created for you. It's a large download but it's really non-invasive as far as your system is concerned.

The way you have it currently installed you'll have to choose to boot one O/S or the other. I'm not sure you can activate the installed partition of Linux in windows since it has been installed for the direct hardware and not with the Virtual drivers.

Btw, if you can't find a virtual appliance for the O/S you want, you can download VMware server for free and it allows you to install, like Solaris 10 for instance.