Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 24, 2011, 08:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

while it's not raid. I would also consider getting an IO Safe. Pretty much the toughest external drive encolsure you can get.

Old October 25, 2011, 04:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If you wanted to set up your own server and wanted to run a software raid that allows you to customize damn nearly everything with respect to raid you could run FlexRaid. It's a software based raid where you can run it as raid 0, raid 1, raid 5, or intermixed, without the penalty of running multiple different hard drive sizes at the same time. I have been using it on my home server for probably 8 months and love it.
Old October 25, 2011, 08:21 PM
Rookie

Building my own server is overkill. Nonetheless, I'll consider FlexRaid when I need to do software raid in the future.