Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2011, 05:16 PM
MVP

Default Need help with Office 2010 student media

When I took a NAIT course I picked up a copy of Office Professional Plus 2010 (1 license) for 15 dollars. I recently upgraded to an SSD and had to reinstall everything. Before doing this I uninstalled my office product from the hard disk because I know that they track installs/uninstalls on the internet. Now when I try to install the program by putting in the CD the only thing that comes up is Office communicator 2007, no installer for anything else. I thought 15 bucks was too good to be true, does this expire or something? What is the deal?

By the way holy shit is it hard to phone microsoft and ask them. I hate the way the world is going.
Old October 16, 2011, 08:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

sure is when dealing with $15 installs by a person with 1 eye patched

try ms for the real deal

$499
Old October 16, 2011, 10:31 PM
MVP

I don't know what you are saying.
Old October 17, 2011, 06:45 AM
Rookie

Look through the CD in Explorer and see if you can find the actual setup program rather than just wait for the autorun menu.
Old October 17, 2011, 06:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trowakage View Post
Look through the CD in Explorer and see if you can find the actual setup program rather than just wait for the autorun menu.
As said above you should just look for a setup file. If this is the same CD as what was used to install it then you shouldn't have any issue. I know the UofA used to offer a deal like that before as well. Hell I got my Win 7 ultimate for $12 and can get office for about the same I believe. So any key you got would not just time out.

Old October 17, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Also if that doesn't work, you can download the 60 day trial off MS's website and put in your key.
Old November 21, 2011, 02:09 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Also if that doesn't work, you can download the 60 day trial off MS's website and put in your key.
Hey guys, so I found out that there were actually three CDs included with this and I have lost two of them. I tried the trial version, but that is for Profoessional 2010, whereas I have Professional Plus 2010. After a long, long phone call with microsoft they say they can't send me a download link because it is something called a volume license and I need special access privileges to download it. I am going to try again some other time because it is possible the person I was talking to didn't know how to do it.

Does anyone here have professional plus 2010 that they bought from post secondary? I would pay shipping both ways to use it.

Last edited by BootlegUsher; November 21, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old December 6, 2011, 10:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

sounds like this was part of the MSDNAA (at least thats what it was when i was in college) From what i can remember what you were buying was basically a license from a VL which is why you can't download it. However i am suprised they didn't offer to send you replacement media for a nominal cost as long as your product key checked out.

you could try this site out as well. It looks official.

Microsoft Office 2010 Backup - Office.com

you never know.

Old December 6, 2011, 10:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Nope, as far as I'm aware, MSNAA does not have any form of office available other then One Note, at least the version I have (which is the full version to my knowledge)
Old December 6, 2011, 10:32 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Nope, as far as I'm aware, MSNAA does not have any form of office available other then One Note, at least the version I have (which is the full version to my knowledge)
OneNote, Visio and Access.

At least mine had those listed.