Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16, 2011, 10:45 PM
Top Prospect

Right now a very large amount of businesses run xp still. If they are looking to get people to upgrade, this will definitely not do it.
Old September 17, 2011, 12:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

WOW. Metro is bad.... Very very bad. I will be sticking with Windows 7 if this at all resembles the desktop product. And this is my next was raving about it and I just dont see why, its not designed for a mouse and keyboard at all.

I might consider a windows 8 tablet, but never ever as a desktop solution. I'll have anouther look when the beta comes out, but this could easily be a huger blunder for MS than Vista ever was.
Old September 17, 2011, 06:34 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

i found this website that has an app to change it from the metro theme to the window 7 start theme

Enable Classic Start Menu In Windows 8 With Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle | Redmond Pie

Look at me, I'm wearing one shape up
Old September 17, 2011, 07:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow after all of those attempts trying to get access to the Internet All I needed to do was while installing use the Advanced and sign in using my windows live id . I had thought that was just a fluke so I kept on installing ( reinstalling) the same version of OS with out using my windows live ID and not one of those installs would let me access the net ,even if I installed my Realtek driver for my Network internet access that is so strange.