Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 26, 2011, 01:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Microsoft Outlook 2010 Help

Okay, so I'm sure there's probably a few people out there who are familiar with Microsoft Outlook 2010 that can hopefully help me. I get about 20 e-mails a day with school and work, so I made the switch over from the universities sh*tty webmail client to Outlook 2010 to hopefully make the processof sending and replying to multiple e-mails easier. I set it up on my desktop PC and everything went fine. I installed it on my laptop and it works and everything, but right beside my e-mail address it now show's a (1). My first thought was this indicates I have one new e-mail, but it doesn't, and no matter what I do I can't get rid of it. I've removed and re-added the e-mail account numerous times and I can't get rid of it. Anyone have any ides on this?

EDIT: Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. It's annoying the heck out of me and I can't find a way to get rid of it. Covered part of my e-mail so I don't get spammed.

Old August 26, 2011, 05:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just from that screenshot it looks like you have two accounts set up. The one is called outlook and then the other is called "your email"

One thing you can try is exit outlook and then go to control panel and then mail. From there go to profiles. From there just remove the profile. Now add a new profile. Right off of the bat it will ask you to set up your email. Put in the information you need and finish the set up.

Now open up outlook, you should only see the one mailbox called Outlook (well if staying with defaults) under that you should see your inbox.

Old August 26, 2011, 06:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Forgot I posted this. Was able to solve the issue about an hour ago. Turns out I had the account set up incorrectly and was causing issues the e-mail server. Thanks anyway guys.