Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2011, 08:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How do you know it's the SSD causing this? If you clone the SSD to another drive and try booting from that, does it also lock up? Is there anything in the Windows event logs that point to SSD?
Also run a chkdsk scan on all partitions that you have. ( "chkdsk /f C:" in an administrator control panel, assuming C:\ is your main partition)
Halting at the startup screen can mean a lot of other things like CPU, memory, and motherboard.
Old August 27, 2011, 08:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouter View Post
thanks for the answers guys

im pretty sure its not an app/program related issue...
yesterday it litteraly stayed on bootup for like 15 minutes until i ran out of patience

i restarted it three times in safe mode and still hangup. i fnially booted up on the fourth try in system restore mode and it hung up once then ran a diagnose and allowed me to get on the desktop

ill check cables tonight
if it doesnt work ill do a reinstall

if it doesnt work (a little part in my wishes that) ill build a new rig =P
did u check your event viewer?? administrative tools.. there maybe a error in reports that may help locate your problem ..

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"