Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 19, 2011, 02:22 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Win7 Home & FTP ....??

I've been playing with this for a while (trying to get an LAN ftp server working) with Home Premium....I've been told that it does work for Home, but I'm thinking "No, it doesn't".

Can I get IIS Manager (Internet Information Service) running? Yes. Create ftp sites? Yes. But I cannot log in.

This is the best step by step YouTube vid I'm come across (not literally you perverts )

How to set home FTP Server in Windows 7 using IIS - YouTube

It all works just great for me, until I get to the PASSWORD, it just stops. Also under Computer Management I do not have the "Local Users and Groups" option. This is confirmed to only come with Win7 Pro and Ultimate Editions.

Unless someone can prove me wrong, I've thinking Win7 Home's ftp is 'nurtured'.
Old August 19, 2011, 02:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Personally, I'd use a thirdparty FTPD, alot easier to setup.
Old August 19, 2011, 03:13 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Personally, I'd use a thirdparty FTPD, alot easier to setup.
Normally I would agree but I've been playing with IIS Manager for so long now that I'm feeling pretty comfortable with it.

Does anyone have Win7 Home with a working ftp server? Pro and Ultimate are the way to go for Networking buffs who wouldn't even bother with Home Premium. (at least the ones I know) so I having some difficulty getting a straight answer about this.