Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 4, 2011, 09:55 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

What is good (+free is possible) for keylogging software?

If its going to cost money to be good what is the best?

Thanks.

I agree I love my daughter and trust her but like any human we make mistakes. I'd rather be there to help and be aware then be there after its to late.

I also agree that trust is huge in a relationship but at the same time I love my daughter (and all my kids 3), but she is under my roof, my rules and I won't ever read her journal or enter her room without knocking (inless extreme circumstances, computers can lead to many bad things and there are predators and what not that are extremely smart at manipulation of minors, something that most of us would pick up on right away where a younger person might not think in that mindset.

Anyway my overall rant is I just want to keep her safe and be there for her when she needs me and protect her from anything that could harm her. Booze, cigarettes etc I've already instilled enough knowledge and will continue to that she will be aware when she gets older if she does any of that and needs a ride home from a party that she shouldn't have been at I'd rather go get her then her get hurt etc..

This could get really long and into a huge debate but I believe as her father I'm doing the right thing..

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old August 4, 2011, 11:27 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hey,

Thanks guys I dunno what happened I have it on instant email notification but didn't get all the replies many of them were very good and informative.

I also respect others opinions and thoughts. I agree in some aspects and disagree in others but hey we are all entitled to our opinions.

I'm very greatful for the things to check out

OpenDNS | DNS-Based Web Security
Keylogger download - free keylogger - "Perfect Keylogger" - invisible Windows 7/Vista/XP key logger. Download the best parental spy software. Stealth key logger for parents, spouses and their kids!
pfSense Open Source Firewall Distribution - Home

I did consider trying to do a firewall/proxy (and the time thing isnt an issue as they are always told to get off at a certain time and many times I'm right there with them (nobody has a computer in their room but I have the computers (see sig) all side by side by side.

Issue is the moments or so you have to go away from the machine. I thought about setting up through my firewall but was worried it would take me decades to block all the sites but appears a few of these have a good portion already built in!

I'll do my research on the links above in the coming days.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old August 4, 2011, 12:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayton View Post
I agree I love my daughter and trust her but like any human we make mistakes. I'd rather be there to help and be aware then be there after its to late.

I also agree that trust is huge in a relationship but at the same time I love my daughter (and all my kids 3), but she is under my roof, my rules and I won't ever read her journal or enter her room without knocking (inless extreme circumstances, computers can lead to many bad things and there are predators and what not that are extremely smart at manipulation of minors, something that most of us would pick up on right away where a younger person might not think in that mindset.
I completely agree with that. Just like I trust my daughter, she is human and will make mistakes. Plus we as parents can't be there 100% of the time and it is nice to know that we have something protecting them when we can't be right there. The internet can be a very dark place, I know I ended up seeing things when I was younger that I wish I had never seen (early days of hotline, if anyone knows what that was). What has been seen can not be unseen.

On that note if you find something that works well for you, please come back and let the rest of us with kids at that age know. Any help in this messed up world is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayton View Post
This could get really long and into a huge debate but I believe as her father I'm doing the right thing..
And that right there is what counts.

Old August 22, 2011, 12:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

FWIW

1. Smoothwall has a number of transparent proxies available including a IM filter with a swear filter.
2. Get opendns. Don't ask just do it.
3. Also netgear as a new product that allows you to lock down what times of the day someone is allowed to have access to the internet. It's account based.

Or just kick them outside tell them to commune socially IRL. :)