Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 14, 2011, 02:50 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Error Starting Photoshop

2 days ago i upgraded (reinstalled) Win7-64 and then Photoshop cs4-64 could not be started anymore.
i reinstalled Ps. with the same result again.

Yesterday, i reinstalled Win7 again and then Ps. again.
same result.

every time i try to start Ps. a notice says: Photoshop was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).

i looked that kind of error on the Internet and there are many answers, both complicated and simple ones.
One of them said that most probably the reason was in - Component services/services (local) - there was a badly configured service.
I reviewed all the services and think they're ok, but i can't be sure about that.
then i uninstalled Ps. and cleaned up everything in the registry that pertained to Ps, as also on C drive.

then i reinstalled Ps, but i still can't use it, the same error showed up.

the only thing left for me to do is to wipe C drive and reinstall W7 and all my programs; something i don't like to do;

does anyone have a solution to make that Ps. work?

Ego cogito, ergo deus non est.
Old June 14, 2011, 01:51 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

with the help from friends, i've found and looked at some says to correct this problem - complicated solutions - , but with my limited understanding of computer programs,
i will think a bit about those different solutions and i most probably will reinstall everything from a blank slate, beginning with W7 and right after that with Ps.

after that, i will check if Ps can be opened after finishing installation of any other program, which should point out which one, including W7 updates, causes the problem.

Ego cogito, ergo deus non est.