Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 9, 2011, 01:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thread Resurrection

I just installe Ubuntu 11.04 over win7, created a 17GB directory, but that is ok, but it has all the outputs for the sound less the digital spdif out that I use. Had to activate Nvidia driver in order scale the resoution and I can't change the resolution either, it keeps it at 1920x1080, I would like to lower it. How do I do that? and where is the Apply button in Ubuntu?
Old October 9, 2011, 10:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSTG View Post
thread Resurrection

I just installe Ubuntu 11.04 over win7, created a 17GB directory, but that is ok, but it has all the outputs for the sound less the digital spdif out that I use. Had to activate Nvidia driver in order scale the resoution and I can't change the resolution either, it keeps it at 1920x1080, I would like to lower it. How do I do that? and where is the Apply button in Ubuntu?
iirc#1 -> with gnome go on the 'top' bar, go in the preference menu and click on either 'screen' or 'display' (i don't remember which) OR go edit manually in xorg.conf (not sure you want to actually do that)

iirc#2 -> there's no apply button in gnome