Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26, 2011, 09:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Windows 8

So apparently, Windows 8 is supposed to support SOC and be capable of running on almost any popular architecture to date (ARM, Tegra, x86, x64 etc.) According to Microsoft this is to enable Windows 8 to be run on almost any modern day computing device, which, considering they really have no decent portable OS out in the market seems a prudent move.

Anyway, my question is actually pretty simple, all I was basically wondering is when the next computer technology showcase is supposed to be (eg. Computex). I figure that if MS wants to stay within their 3 year release schedule, they should be hitting us up with some fresh OS news. Haha I love windows 7 but I'm always eager to ugrade and I wanna buy a phone but figured i should wait out on Windows Phone 7 since Windows Phone 8 will most likely be a reduced version of the actual PC Windows 8 :D

Also feel free to speculate on what the new OS will mean for the market or correct my dodgy late night grammar. Personally I'm thinking that the next XBOX will also run Windows 8, just with more restrictions, which will probably enable for higher quality PC ports and PERHAPS more PC optimised games :D