Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 29, 2008, 08:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default VLite trims down Vista

New software called Vlite drastically reduces the heft of windows vista improving responsiveness. Unsurprisingly, it is apparently being downloaded like crazy.

Get it here

vLite - Vista Lite

vLite is a tool for customizing the Windows Vista installation before actually installing it.

Main features are:

• hotfix, language pack and driver integration
  • component removal
  • unattended setup
  • tweaks
  • split/merge Vista installation CDs
  • create ISO and burn bootable CD/DVD
Windows Vista from Microsoft takes a lot of resources, we all know that. vLite provides you with an easy removal of the unwanted components in order to make Vista run faster and to your liking.

This tool doesn't use any kind of hacking, all files and registry entries are protected as they would be if you install the unedited version only with the changes you select.

It configures the installation directly before the installation, meaning you'll have to remake the ISO and reinstall it. This method is much cleaner, not to mention easier and more logical than doing it after installation on every reinstall.
Old January 29, 2008, 08:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I have always used nLite to tweak my XP installation CD's with the updated drivers for my motherboard and other system components. Great software! Recommended! AAAA++++!
Old January 29, 2008, 09:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I've been using vLite since it was released...

Nuhi has made many improvements since that time though.

And I've used nLite a ton as well. I love having a fully updated Windows disk with a bunch of tweaks and additional programs pre-installed. Makes life so much easier