Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2, 2011, 12:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Blaster worm is probably one of the worst network ones that had spread horribly!

Everyone remember.. "Your computer will now shut down in 60 seconds" the second you plugged into the internet!
I fugured out that one about 5 mins what my buddies PC would shut down I told him to unplug the Cable to the internet of course he didn't listen and just before the removal of the Virus the PC would reboot lol I finally just turned of his modem and unplugged the internet cable and then he was able to remove the Virus with out the PC rebooting.
the funny thing about that is that he went on for a few days thinking he had a Hardware issue he bought a New PSU and was about to buy a Mother board before I figured out it was a Virus over the phone with him.
Old May 2, 2011, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I hate clients that troubleshoot like that.

Well, I don't mind if they troubleshoot like that, just don't have me involved in that travesty....
Old May 2, 2011, 05:22 PM
Top Prospect

okay, so what I did before turning on my PC was turn off the laptop, but I then I unplugged my PC from the network, then went on the laptop got rid of the VM ware OS, then plugged the internet back in lol. How can I check if a virus tried to enable file sharing on my pc so more stuff could be transferred?