Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1, 2011, 07:22 PM

My System Specs

Any reason why you can't have Sabnzbd+ download to a local drive. Then have Sick Beard and/or Couch Potato move the files to the NAS afterwards?
Old May 1, 2011, 07:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Any reason why you can't have Sabnzbd+ download to a local drive. Then have Sick Beard and/or Couch Potato move the files to the NAS afterwards?
hmm.only reason i guess,is i want to keep my 2nd drive relatively free.
i use an ocz120gig ssd for os drive,and a vraptor 300 gig,for games docs etc.

do you use sickbeard alone or in conjunction with couch potato?
have not really looked into that software as i am just getting started out with usenet-which i wish i would have long ago!
Old May 1, 2011, 07:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

SickBeard and Couch Potato 2 different programs. SB handles TV shows and Couch Potato handles movies.

I know SB has a very good autoProcessing script to handle files once SAB has downloaded them, but personally I never tried moving the files with it, mostly cleaning up and proper renaming.
Old May 2, 2011, 03:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

ok i just tested this on my end, using \\NAS\downloads\

\\NAS\downloads\ worked fine if set as Completed Download Folder, but Temporary Download Folder would not allow network paths \\NAS\downloads\incomplete\

then i tried mounting the network path as drive Z:, this allowed sab to set both temp and complete folder to Z:\complete\ - Z:\incomplete\ etc, and this worked perfectly

now the only thing i can think of that i may have done differently is the network path was simply another win7 machine on the same network, and i set the folder share permissions fully open, (manually added - guest, everyone, all users, all set to full control read/write)
Old May 3, 2011, 08:11 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook06 View Post
ok i just tested this on my end, using \\NAS\downloads\

\\NAS\downloads\ worked fine if set as Completed Download Folder, but Temporary Download Folder would not allow network paths \\NAS\downloads\incomplete\

then i tried mounting the network path as drive Z:, this allowed sab to set both temp and complete folder to Z:\complete\ - Z:\incomplete\ etc, and this worked perfectly

now the only thing i can think of that i may have done differently is the network path was simply another win7 machine on the same network, and i set the folder share permissions fully open, (manually added - guest, everyone, all users, all set to full control read/write)
thank you good sir.i tried just changing the name of the mapped drive to Z:\\NAS1963\Download

then typed that as the save folder in sab,tried a download and hot damn it works.

thanks so much for all the help getting this sorted out.
Old May 4, 2011, 01:21 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

nice, happy hunting!