Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26, 2008, 12:52 PM
MVP
F@H

Default auto-close processes

I was wondering if there is a way that I can write a little program (e.g. a program shortcut or ms-batch file) that will close a specific service?

I am running two instances of F@H Core, and would like to know if there is a way I can make it so at the click of a button, I close the two processes so I am good to go when I want to game.

Likewise, I would like to automate their re-execution at the click of a button.

Any ideas?

Or does the fact that they are on low priority mean that if I want to game, my OS knows to give CPU priority to the game versus my F@H programs? (If this is the case I would still like to learn about auto-closing processes)

C2Q Blue
Gigabyte EP45-UD3p | Q8400 @ 2.66ghz | Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w. Scythe | Mushkin Redline PC2-8000 5-5-5-15-2T @ 400mhz |
BFG GTX 295 | 1.32TB WD HDDs | Corsair HX 620 W | Antec 900 | Acer 20" LCD
Old January 26, 2008, 05:28 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cipher View Post
I was wondering if there is a way that I can write a little program (e.g. a program shortcut or ms-batch file) that will close a specific service?

I am running two instances of F@H Core, and would like to know if there is a way I can make it so at the click of a button, I close the two processes so I am good to go when I want to game.

Likewise, I would like to automate their re-execution at the click of a button.

Any ideas?

Or does the fact that they are on low priority mean that if I want to game, my OS knows to give CPU priority to the game versus my F@H programs? (If this is the case I would still like to learn about auto-closing processes)
I'm pretty sure F@H stops folding when you start doing something with your computer like playing games.
Old January 27, 2008, 07:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No I have gotten performance hits with folding and gaming but it was only small, but for games like Crysis a small decrease in performance can mean the difference between enjoyable and horrible.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old January 27, 2008, 08:38 PM
MVP
F@H

Why not just run them manually? I remember reading about an app that can hide any opened windows into a taskbar icon, which came in handy when using the console but don't have it setup as a service, but I can't remember wait was called.

Last edited by werty316; January 27, 2008 at 08:44 PM.