Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2011, 09:11 AM
Allstar

Default What you will like to see in Windows 8 ?

So letís start a tread on what we will like to have as new Windows

for me : I will like to have the ability to mount an ISO files in the DVD like we do in VM without installing third party software
Old April 18, 2011, 09:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Full monitoring capabilities the likes of Core Temp/Precision/Afterburner built right in (Not obviously those specific programs but something Microsoft made that works the same way).

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 18, 2011, 09:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Proper multi-monitor support. I mean with a full task bar, ability to have different images on monitors or single image across all, etc.

Basically look at UltraMon and you can see what I want. Also I second the idea of being able to set up virtual drives for mounting iso files.

Old April 18, 2011, 09:55 AM
Top Prospect

I'd like the built-in extrat tool to support more formats (i.e. rar, 7z, etc...)
Old April 18, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

everything that has been posted thus far well I am not sure why they would make a New OS just to a couple of features that can easily be taken care of just by free downloads.
but I do think that they should have an option whether to install or not install things kind of like the idea of office when you start the install you can pick the feature you would like installed instead of installing the whole thing. also I am still trying to figure out why there is a 100mb partition on the hard drive before the OS is installed I think that they either should not use a 100mb partition at all or at least shrink it because 100 mb I can really use on my SSD drive just to put my portable software on . and as for sysrestore I hate that thing I used it once and that was along time ago when my pc started acting up I was sure what was wrong so I restored and my pc worked for a while which was when I discovered I had a virus and the virus infected everything even the restore points which is why now I use a totally different once a week back up system that backs up after I do all of my online scans and to make sure my system is clean they should have a back up feature that can back up to a separate drive or pen drive.
Old April 18, 2011, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

Implementing stuff like ISO mounting and extraction of more files like rar and such just makes the OS even more idiot proof and dummy proof.

I don't even like the cd burning utility in Windows and prefer to use my own stuff as will a lot of people.

They need to release Windows in a a model that doesn't implement all the hand holding and idiot proof stuff. Call it "Windows 8 Essentials" or something
Old April 18, 2011, 10:51 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
They need to release Windows in a a model that doesn't implement all the hand holding and idiot proof stuff. Call it "Windows 8 Essentials" or something
you have it already; Windows 2008 Server Core, try it you gone like it .....
Old April 18, 2011, 11:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
you have it already; Windows 2008 Server Core, try it you gone like it .....
I know you can install Server but its not meant for desktop usage smart ass :P
Old April 18, 2011, 11:07 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I know you can install Server but its not meant for desktop usage smart ass :P

it's not any Windows server, If you was a smart ass you will know that Windows 2008 Core have no graphical interface,so no windows , it was a joke
Old April 18, 2011, 12:27 PM
MVP

My System Specs

The inablitily of virus and malware to get on your computer.